News Musou Stars Game's 2nd Promo Video Reveals Lu Bu as Playable Character
posted on 2017-01-19 04:00 EST
KOEI Tecmo Games began streaming a second promotional video for its Musou Stars PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita game on Thursday. The video introduces the cast, and reveals that Lu Bu from Dynasty Warriors will be a playable character.
In addition, the game's official website also revealed on Thursday that Laegrinna from Deception IV: Blood Ties, Oda Nobunyaga from Samurai Cats (Nobunyaga no Yabō), and Ii Naotora from Samurai Warriors are playable characters. Famitsu's website had teased the reveal on Tuesday in a thumbnail image of a scan from its latest issue, which shipped on Thursday.
KOEI Tecmo Games previously streamed character introduction videos for Zhao Yun, Sanada Yukimura, Tamaki, Ryu Hayabusa, Millennia, and Horō last week.
- Zhao Yun (Dynasty Warriors series)
- Ōka (Toukiden series)
- Sophie (Atelier series)
- Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Warriors series)
- Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
- Hajime Arima (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de/Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time series)
- Kasumi (Dead or Alive series)
- Millennia (Kagero series)
- Plachta (Atelier series)
- Ishida Mitsunari (Samurai Warriors series)
- Wang Yuanji (Dynasty Warriors series)
- Horō (Toukiden series)
- Tamaki (original character)
- Shiki (original character)
- Setsuna (original character)
- Darius (Harukanaru Toki no Naka de/Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time series)
- Opoona (Opoona role-playing game)
- Marie Rose (Dead or Alive series)
- Honoka (Dead or Alive series)
- Rio (from Rio pachinko games and Rio - Rainbow Gate! anime)
- Zhou Cang (Dynasty Warriors series)
The game's official website hints that five more playable characters will join the game's roster.
The game will ship on March 2 in Japan, and first editions of the game will include a download code for a Kasumi costume for Wang Yuanji and will have Opoona as an unlocked playable character from the very beginning. The game also has a limited "Treasure Box" edition that features a visual book, a three-disc original soundtrack, a reversible poster, a post card calendar, and the game. The limited edition retails for 12,800 yen (about US$112) for the PS4 version, and 11,800 yen (US$103) for the PS Vita version. The regular game retails for 7,800 yen (US$68) for the PS4 version and 6,800 yen (US$60) for the PS Vita version.
The game is a crossover between Koei Tecmo Games' various titles, and features the hack-and-slash gameplay of the Musou (Warriors) series, seen in such games as Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. Koei Tecmo's Omega Force subsidiary is developing the game.