News Errata: Aniplex USA Does Not Announce Fate/Apocrypha Anime
posted on 2017-04-15 14:50 EDT
Update: Aniplex clarified with ANN that it has not announced a license for Fate/Apocrypha. While Aniplex USA announced at its panel that the anime was coming soon to Netflix, Aniplex clarified that it is only confirmed for Netflix in Japan, as was previously announced.
The show stars:
- Maaya Sakamoto as Ruler
- Natsuki Hanae as Sieg
- Junichi Suwabe as Saber of Black
- Kouki Uchiyama as Shirō Kotomine
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Saber of Red
- Saori Hayami as Archer of Red
- Koji Yusa as Lancer of Red
- Makoto Furukawa as Rider of Red
- Tetsu Inada as Caster of Red
- Satoshi Tsuruoka as Berserker of Red
- Kei Shindou as Assassin of Red
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Archer of Black
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Lancer of Black
- Rumi Ookubo as Rider of Black
- Mitsuru Miyamoto as Caster of Black
- Ai Nonaka as Berserker of Black
- Sakura Tange as Assassin of Black
Higashide himself is in charge of the anime's series scripts, and Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte) is directing at A-1 Pictures. Yūkei Yamada is adapting Ototsugu Konoe's original character designs for animation. Masaru Yokoyama (The Lost Village, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Nobunaga Concerto) is composing music.
In the story, there was once a Holy Grail War waged by seven Mages and Heroic Spirits in a town called Fuyuki. However, a certain Mage took advantage of the chaos of World War II to steal a Holy Grail. Several decades have passed, and the Yggdmillennia family, who took upon the Holy Grail as its symbol, defected from the Mages' Association and declared their independence. Furious, the Association sent a force to deal with the Yggdmillennia, but they were defeated by the summoned Servants. With the Holy Grail War system changed, war at an unprecedented scale, with seven versus seven, breaks out. And so, the curtain rises on the epoch-making Great Holy Grail War.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history