AM2 Announces Heat, Midnight Shinigami, Nocturra and Stephine Yanez as ActsJun 7th 2011
More Fun than Ever! Get your Passports Today and Experience the Difference!
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (June 7, 2011) AM2's Summer Festival stage heats up with acts including the Southern California based Melodic Metal band HEAT, the dynamic anime influenced band Midnight Shinigami, the alluring belly dancer Nocturra, and the ever-popular anime-pop sensation Stephanie Yanez happening this July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center. More info can be found at www.am2con.org
"AM2 is the place to be this 4th of July weekend," states AM2 representative Chase Wang, "we have huge acts and guests from Japan as well as amazing talent from the U.S. There is something for everyone at our family friendly event so come out and join us and have one of the best times of your lives this summer!"
The current edition of the AM2 schedule is available online at www.am2con.org. In addition, the week of the convention, attendees can download the Ani.me free phone application to access convention updated schedules, information, maps and more!
* HEAT-A Southern California based Melodic Metal band formed by vocalist IZUMI, that originated in the Los Angeles/San Gabriel Valley area in 2007. Inspired by the sound of many great names such as Siam Shade, Galneryus, and Onmyyoza, HEAT, as of 2011, currently consists of 5 very unique and talented musicians: IZUMI (Vo.), L (Gt.), S.W. (Gt.), KAZE (Ba.), and KINO (Dr.).
* In 2007, HEAT released their 1st mini album Born to be Burn, followed by their first full album, Dark & Beauty in 2008 under their original line-up. As of 2011, original guitarist CHAOS parted ways with the band and S.W. as well as KINO have come on board, lending their skills towards the creation of new sounds and great energy within HEAT.
* Midnight Shinigami-In late 2010, six people met and combined their passion for music and anime, giving creative birth to the band called Midnight Shinigami (Gods of Death). Hailing from different parts of the world, Midnight Shinigami's members are just as diverse as their musical influences and playing styles. Among the top talent fronting this band are the megami MANDY MEFFORD and BRATHZO KARANOVIC, former guitarist from MAKENAI. From soft ballads to hard-driving metal, they're sure to have something in their repertoire that'll make anyone drop dead in pure aural bliss.
* Nocturra- Nocturra has been belly dancing for more than ten years, specializing in swords and noted for her eclectic choices of choreography and music. She has performed at the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Irwindale, McGinty's Gallery at the End of the World in Altadena, the Los Angeles County Fair and other events. She is a member of Ad Hoc Consort and Danse Macabre and also frequently performs with drummer Ric Sarabia. During AM2, Nocturra will be joined by violinist/percussionist Joanne Wilborn, woodwind specialist Fred McCall and vocalist and mandolin player/percussionist Joyce Nunamaker McCall. In addition to her swordwork, she will perform a routine inspired by Chinese sleeve dance. In Nocturra's other life, she is an entertainment and features writer for the San Gabriel Valley Newspaper Group and was the 2007/2008 Occasional Pasadena Doo Dah Queen. She also sings, sews and always seeks new adventures.
* Stephanie Yanez-An American Jpop singer, Virtual Idol of Japanese anime avatar site TinierMe.com. She has toured all over the States and in Japan. She has been seen on T.V. as the Tokyo Reporter for Anime Select's Comcast On Demand documentary "Crazy Sexy Tokyo". Miss Yanez has released numerous CD'S and singles which are all on iTunes, Amazon,etc. She has worked with Crypton Future Media, Gcrest, Aniplex USA, I'VE Sound, Geneon USA, Victor Entertainment, and Broccoli on numerous projects. She has opened up and shared the same stage with Kotoko, Yousei Teikoku, and Nikka Costa. She recently officially collaborated with Crypton Future Media's Hatsune Miku and TinierMe with "Ultimate Miku World", an exclusive song and music video. Stephanie will be accompanied by Polo a Japanese guitarist/producer who has ventured out to the US. He recently performed at the American Music Awards pre-party and the Quiksilver VIP party.
Attendees can avoid the anticipated huge lines at autographs, premiere screenings, workshops, main events, concerts and panels by purchasing a Passport fast pass for the event. The Passport fast pass will also provide holders with premier seating options at Main Events and at Concert events as well as major discounts with theme parks (i.e. Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, etc.), retailers (i.e. Best Buy, Macys, etc.) and local restaurants (i.e. IHOP, Tony Roma's, California Pizza Kitchen, etc.). Bypass the lines and get your Passport today and experience the difference!
Current Guests of Honors include Akihiko Yamashita, Miho Shimagosa, Scandal, Sadie, Kanon Wakeshima, kanon x kanon, heidi., Gashicon, IBI and MINT with more to be announced soon!
AM2 current activities include Exhibit Hall, AMV's, Arcade, Summer Festival, World Cosplay Summit, Behind the Voice Actors Studio, Rum Party Pirates, Masquerade, Cosplay Chess, Dances, Fashion Shows, Table Top, Console Gaming, AniMaid Café, AniMaid Café Host Club, Workshops, Panels, Concerts and more!
Partnerships include Ani.ME. and Cure Magazine
Prize sponsors include Atlas Games, Cosplay Wigs USA, FUNimation, Gaia Online and TokyoPop.
Follow us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/AM2Con
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/AM2Con
Also, 25% of all official Passport sales will be donated directly to Japanese Disaster Relief efforts.
Located in Anaheim, California – AM2, established in 2010, is a multi-day (3 days) event with no general attendance/badge purchase requirement and is aspiring to be a key meeting place for fans that share a common interest in Asian music, Animation/Anime, and Comics/Manga. Nominal fees are charged for certain activities that attendees choose to participate in. AM2 will be held on July 1-3, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in sunny Anaheim, California. More information can be found at a href="http://www.am2con.org" target="_blank">www.am2con.org
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history