There is probably a good videogame waiting to burst forth out of Kamen Rider Battride War II.
Monterrey, Mexico to Host the 2013 Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game Central American World Championship QualifierJun 17th 2013
Central American Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier for those born 2000 or later to be Held July 6
El Segundo, CA (July 17, 2013) – Duelists from across Mexico, the Caribbean and other Central American countries will descend upon Monterrey, Mexico to compete in the Central American World Championship Qualifier (WCQ) for the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) and the Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier. Monterrey will be the site for the crowning of the winners who will represent Central America at the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG World Championship in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States on August 10–11.
Many will come to the CINTERMEX in Monterrey with hopes of standing in the winners' circle by showcasing their strategies and refined Decks during the weekend event. For Duelists who have not earned an invitation to play in the WCQ, there will be a Last Chance Qualifier on Friday, July 5th for both the Central American WCQ and the Central American Dragon Duel WCQ (for Duelists born in 2000 or later).
In the Main Event, starting on Saturday, July 6th, the leading Duelists and National Champions representing Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean will be playing intense head-to-head Duels, because one misplay can eliminate a Duelist from the top prize. Duelists who show the most skill and prowess will make it to the second day of the WCQ on Sunday, all hoping to sit at the Final Round table. The WCQ comes to its exciting end with the Final Round Sunday afternoon, pairing the top two Duelists each seeking the title of Central American Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Champion.
Konami is proud to also host the second Central American Dragon Duel Championship, open to Duelists born in 2000 or later, beginning on July 6th at the Central American WCQ. The winning Dragon Duelist will also earn a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada to play against the top Dragon Duelists from around the world in the Dragon Duel World Championship.
Players can pre-register and submit the Deck list on Friday, July 5th from 3:00 – 7:00 PM. Registration will begin again promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, July 6th. All Duelists who register for the Central American World Championship Qualifier will receive a World Championship Qualifier Game Mat, and a pack of 2013 World Championship Qualifier Card Sleeves. Round One will start at 10:00 a.m.
Additionally, Duelists can participate in several fun and challenging Public Events to push their Dueling abilities to the limit! Konami will be running events such as 2014 Regional Qualifiers, 2014 Dragon Duel Qualifiers, Xyz Symphony Starter Deck Tournaments, Onslaught of the Fire Kings Structure Deck Tournaments, Duelist League, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mats, and Sealed Pack Tournaments for Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants, featuring Starfoil prize cards.
Monterrey, Mexico Convention Center
Av Fundidora 501, Obrera, 64010
Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico
Central American WCQ Prize Information:
- The Top 8 players will receive a Championship Trophy
- The Top 16 players will receive a Super Rare Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry – Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series (YCS) Prize Card
- The Top Cut (depending on attendance) will receive a 2013 WCQ Top Cut Game Mat
- All participants will receive a 2013 WCQ Game Mat and a pack of 2013 WCQ Sleeves.
- 1st place – Invite to the World Championship with travel and accommodations, Complete Sets of Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy, additional Super Rare Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry YCS Prize Card, 64GB iPad, Personalized Jersey, and 6 Booster Packs each of Return of the Duelist, Abyss Rising, Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
- 2nd place – 32 GB iPod Touch and 3 Booster Packs each of Return of the Duelist, Abyss Rising, Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
- 3rd & 4th place – Complete Sets of Return of the Duelist, Abyss Rising, Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
- 5th–8th place – Complete Sets of Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
- 9th–16th place – 6 Booster Packs each of Return of the Duelist, Abyss Rising, Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
Central American Dragon Duel Championship Prize Information:
- The Top 4 players will receive a Championship Trophy
- The Top Cut (depending on attendance) will receive a 2013 Dragon Duel WCQ Top Cut Game Mat
- All participants will receive a 2013 Dragon Duel WCQ Game Mat and a pack of 2013 WCQ Sleeves.
- 1st place – Invite to Dragon Duel World Championship with travel and accommodations for player and guardian, Complete Sets of Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy, Super Rare Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry – YCS Prize Card, 64GB iPad, Personalized Jersey
- 2nd place – 32 GB iPod Touch and Complete Sets of Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
- 3rd & 4th place – Complete Sets of Cosmo Blazer and Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
- 5th–8th place – Complete Set of Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy
Duelists can tune in every Saturday morning for the all-new Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal animated series and classic Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes on Vortexx on The CW in the United States. In addition, classic Yu-Gi-Oh! episodes air weekdays on Nicktoons, along with Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal airing on the network Saturday and Sunday mornings. In Canada, Duelists can watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal every Friday and Saturday on YTV!
For more information on Konami, the Central American WCQ or the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG, please visit www.yugioh-card.com
About The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG
The Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME is the #1 trading card game in the world with over 25 billion cards sold. It is a game of strategy, where players create individual Decks of cards collected from Structure Decks and Booster Packs. Two players engage in a Duel while using cards that represent powerful monsters, magical Spells and surprising Traps. Duelists with well-constructed Decks, dominating monsters, solid strategy and good fortune are the victors in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG. Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. is the exclusive licensee and rights holder to the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in North America and Latin America.
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI's software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 25 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.