• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only who doesn't think that's Kyoko, or at least the real one? I'd like everyone to notice how this person from the end of episode 4 looks the this person, the killer we met this episode. Well, I believe the first one to be the real Kyoko and that she was killed by the murderer. The murderer then took Kyoko's body for whatever reason (probably because that rack). What I'm having a hard time piecing together is when the real Kyoko died.

See, when Orito was talking to Ayumu in the elevator to her room in epi 3, he was going on about how Kyoko really wanted to meet him. If that's the killer, they want to meet him to figure out what he looks like and to make themselves available to him. However if it was the real Kyoko, why did she kill herself and how did the killer take her body? The flashback after the killer transforms seems to indicate it was them and not the real Kyoko since the moment she touched Ayumu's head was when she tried to manipulate his memory, but I don't know where the real Kyoko fits in there. I don't know how the real Kyoko could have killed herself if she was already dead from the murder killing her and taking her body.

Then there's this person, who I think might have been a friend of Kyoko's since she seems surprised to see her, out of the hospital that is.

I'm just really curious as to how this fits together.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:40 am Reply with quote
Well did anyone enjoy that Dai-sensei was brought, they previously gave Yuu's secret to reveal the way she acts, and Dai-sensei might do the same with Haruna. Well firstly her immediat reaction to Ayumu spoiler[saying he was a Masou Shoujo was funny with her saying that he is not a little girl, might say something about Haruna posting the title on him.] And also gave me a good laugh to see the phone was spoiler[two cups with strings], not quite what I expected from Haruna's description.

Kind of changed Haruna's character to a bit of a sweet side that spoiler[she apparently does not learn people's names, and thus is more attached to Ayumu then she might appear.] I am guessing that at this rate maybe we will learn that Sera is not usually playfull or honest with other people. While I am on it, how great was the opening scene of the episode with Haruna and Sera, that shall be recorded to my memory. Smile

I have been thinking about it and I might try a Kore wa Zombie Desu ka themed avatar.
Eivion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:12 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:
Without any spoilers, who would have really expected spoiler[Kyoko to be behind this.]

Eivion, actually.

Its always nice to be vindicated.

Anyways I dug this one, mostly for the conversation between Dai-Sensei & Ayumu along with the second half. spoiler[Always felt Kyoko was too convenient with her being a surviving victim of the serial killer, a friend of Orito's, and how she fingered Yuu for the murders. Didn't think she was another Masou Shoujo though.] That caught me off guard.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Anyways I dug this one, mostly for the conversation between Dai-Sensei & Ayumu along with the second half. spoiler[Always felt Kyoko was too convenient with her being a surviving victim of the serial killer, a friend of Orito's, and how she fingered Yuu for the murders. Didn't think she was another Masou Shoujo though.] That caught me off guard.

Plus an unlucky main character like that (one is never suposed to be that lucky to spoiler[have a cute girl looks totally normal, and so open about their feelings. I knew something would end up not right as if she was really regular type she would probably be the type to be too embarassed. Also the fact that a skirt chasing best friend would never have a friend like that.]

But I too did not expect some of the answer would be relateable to spoiler[the masou shoujo thing that was mentioned to affect memories, which also puts the memory thing as more then just an excuse for normal people to forget something hapening.]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Then there's this person, who I think might have been a friend of Kyoko's since she seems surprised to see her, out of the hospital that is.

That person looks a lot like the girl in the Opening song who I thought at first was Kyoko... Here it is. Another thing I found interesting from lots of pausing the video, is that is shows a very fast glimpse of Kyoko and spoiler[5 Mahou Shojo silhouettes]... Rewatching the last bit of Episode 3, and I think there might be a catch on the dialogue where Kyoko says she's going to Kyoto. I have a suspicion that spoiler[Dai-sensei is the main antagonist.] Though, I don't have any proof besides what I saw from the OP. Episode 3's Kyoko mentions "they" as the killers, and now I'm wondering if the spoiler[silhouettes I saw] are the murderers.

I think the Kyoko we saw in Episode 5 is pretty much the real Kyoko, I don't really think there's a fake one. And, is there any implications that the last scene in Episode 4 a suicide?

All this thinking... I'm confused, guess we'll know in the future episodes.

One last thing, in episode 5 we saw an old lady in room 305, which is the room where Kyoko is supposedly spoiler[murdered/suicides]. I wonder how this plays a part in the show.
Mister V

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode was quite nice. Certainly wouldn't have thought that the show would do this.
spoiler[Not liking Dai Sensei, at all. She has her reasons, but isn't very likely to help.]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, this episode was just epic, nice twist too.

Yuu is just awesome, awesome, I tell you! Kyoko was pretty bad ass too, and who would had guessed spoiler[that she was possessed/influenced by another evil.]

I think I found out the true antagonist in this show, it's Kyubey.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
I think I found out the true antagonist in this show, it's Kyubey.
Funilly enough Dai-Sensei was kind of giving me Kyubey vibes, she kind of lacks a bit of empathy and her appearance of looking so young feels deceptive.

Yuu made for some interesting parts, we were told before that spoiler[her powers are uncontrollable, that even words and emotions are dangerous and magic gives her intense pain. So with that they were able to make just standing there and saying "die" as epic and kind of sad. Also the way she stopped alll the attacks effortlessly, Kyouko looked like she was going insane and wanted to take her power, with little idea of the exttent.] But also have to mention how cute she looked spoiler[as a Masou shoujo and when she smiled.]

So 6 episodes in and they feel like they actually closed an arc, and it sounds like they might finally introduce that other girl who is in the official art holding a bowl of ramen.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
Speaking about that ramen girl (also known as XXX in the opening), I think she had a cameo in Episode 5, and they looked very very similar. The King Of Harts has a picture of her in one of his posts.

In regards to one of posts about the 5 Mahou Shojo silhouettes, I decided to post a screenshot of them. This is from the opening too.

The 5 Mahou Shojos
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Remember when this show used to be a wacky parody show? I'm kind of missing that. Things got pretty gruesome, what with spoiler[Kyoko's self-mutalation in the name of victory. The point at which Ayumu killed her enough times that she consumed all her spare lives and was quaking in terror at the idea of really dying was similarly unsettling, although I didn't quite think Ayumu was the kind of character to kill an opponent who has stopped fighting back.] Not that episode 6 wasn't fantastic, but between this and Madoka Magica, this season seems pretty intent on making sure I don't dream wondrous fantastical dreams anymore. At least there's Level E to provide some levity.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Aw. They're so much better with comedy. I still laugh so much at his little sister fantasies and reactions. spoiler[Pervert glasses?] Me wants.

But hey, who'd ever guess we'd get to see a spoiler[magical boy] partaking tentacle rape? Funniest bit when the tentacle thing said "Eww, gross!"
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote
So... Yuki finally shows up, and she turns out to be a spoiler[Vampninja]. Oh, the math lesson was funny. Horse megalo? Interesting, but the spoiler[tentacle rape] was unexpected.

Also, the long haired chick that spoiler[gave Ayumu the item] appears in the Opening song as well. Why do I notice such things? I have no idea. Anyways, here is the picture of the girl.

I think we should call the new chick Ramen Fighter Yuki.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
The horse, the Kuroko-voiced jellyfish, Yuki and badass Heavy Metal Santa made this a well-deserved hilarious episode.
jxsilicon9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
This show definitely has the record of tsundere characters with emphasis on tsun.I think there is only two females on the show that haven't tried to kill him or assault him.Hellscythe and the new vampire ninja thats his wife.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 am Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
The horse, the Kuroko-voiced jellyfish, Yuki and badass Heavy Metal Santa made this a well-deserved hilarious episode.
As soon as it spoke I burst out and knew it was Kuroko, and there was something about that horse, the total pervert thing was funny. I guess this picture I have come across before came to mind.

So not only is Ayumu a Zombie Masou Shoujo, but he is also spoiler[married to a vampire ninja who fights with ramen]. Mentioning characters appearing I actually finally identified a girl in his class being in the ED song holding a microphone, she is the one with black hair and pigtails.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 12