• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deep Discount DVD, additional 20% off.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Aw, crap. I cant afford any right now. And Azumanga Diaoh (the one I'm waiting for right now) doesnt come out until the 23rd. That's weak.
qollocust

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up! Though there weren't any anime DVDs I needed now, I was able to use the code to get the first season of "Home Movies" for under $17! Yay
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:20 pm Reply with quote
thanks for the heads up Tony, I didn't even know about the sale and I use DDD all the time, infact just ordered 4 DVD's.

Mary
WildStallion000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Exclamation
Noriko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quote
You can't use it for pre-orders??? But I just ordered the .hack boxset, which is a pre-order along with Witch Hunter Robin and Love Hina and I got the discount... Confused
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Noriko-chan wrote:
You can't use it for pre-orders??? But I just ordered the .hack boxset, which is a pre-order along with Witch Hunter Robin and Love Hina and I got the discount... Confused

I just tried simulating a purchase. It did NOT give me a discount on any preorders. In fact, they even had a notice above my purchase saying:

Quote:
The 20% discount offer applies only to currently available DVDs, pre-release DVDs and non-DVD merchandise are excluded from the sale. Your discount is reflected below for applicable items. Thank you for shopping at DeepDiscountDVD.com.

Perhaps you just happened to bypass it as a glitch? If so, then you are REALLY lucky. Wink

The discount will apply to whatever else is on your list, but it shouldn't do anything to the .hack//SIGN box. Go back and check your order information, the original price for .hack//SIGN should be $89.99.
Noriko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, I had actually ordered those items just before I got the discount code, so I e-mailed them to see if I could still get the discount. The total was about $270, and they took off a full 20%. I don't know...maybe they didn't bother to check the individual items?
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh great, right after I finished getting my parents to buy my anime for Christmas. Oh well..but they do have good deals and the dvds are all legit R1's. Glad to see sites trying to give better customer satisfaction!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Noriko-chan wrote:
Well, I had actually ordered those items just before I got the discount code, so I e-mailed them to see if I could still get the discount. The total was about $270, and they took off a full 20%. I don't know...maybe they didn't bother to check the individual items?

Oh, OK then. Well, the discount is supposed to work on individual items, and judging by the titles you listed, it should go like this if they decided to give you the discount:

.hack//SIGN boxset -- $89.99 (preorder)
Love Hina boxset -- $71.99 (with discount)
Witch Hunter Robin -- $71.99 (with discount)

The total should be $233.97, which is much better than $270. If they took 20% off your entire order, then WOW, you'll end up paying only $215.97. Good luck in getting it. Wink
Depression

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Tony K. that just saved me alot on a few title that i have been wanting to buy and that code saved me about $60 which i can use to buy more anime. Very Happy
JustJon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
Is it still going? Because I just got a job and just got paid, and am ready to get some new anime.
Till the 21st
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:24 pm Reply with quote
frostedsaiyan wrote:
Oh great, right after I finished getting my parents to buy my anime for Christmas. Oh well..but they do have good deals and the dvds are all legit R1's. Glad to see sites trying to give better customer satisfaction!
Shouldn't you be happy, FREE anime?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
WildStallion000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:20 am Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
frostedsaiyan wrote:
Shouldn't you be happy, FREE anime?

You would think so...
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:05 am Reply with quote
Cool, although when it came down to it I couldn't find too much to buy. I did get vol. 1 of Paranoia Agent and the Inuyasha movie one and also spied Home Movies season one. Not bad, but some of the things I really wanted and were waiting for (Maison Ikkoku vol. 4 and the S-Cry-ed boxset) won't be out till next month.
jkn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:05 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the post on this... I picked up several things cheaper than I would have elsewhere (Eva Platinum vol 3, Noir 1-4, Last Exile 1-4 along with some non-anime stuff: 2 volumes of Rocky and Bullwinkle and some 50's movies and tv shows...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2