• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
List of Summer Season 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lelliel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Yuruyuri... I like girl-girl romances, but the plot sounds slice-of-life-ish which is a very hit-or-miss genre with me. There's a strong chance I may be bored out of my skull by it, even with a good yuri romance angle.

I check out the manga to see what the bickering about it was and trust me, you will not be missing a lot if you skip this show if the manga is anything to judge.

The manga is very much a dull as a rock cutesy slice of life moe* show in the vein of k-on only with breaking the 4th wall jokes and stronger yuri elements / subtext. In fact, the manga is more concern with being a moe slice of life than any relationship developments to the point where the mangaka supposedly got complaints from readers that it wasn't yuri enough.

* I will admit I am biased towards moe and slice of life. And Yuru-Yuri does actually do moe slice of life well, I just don't really care for it.

Obviously, the characters like / love each other -even if some of it is in subtext, but I digress- but it never goes anywhere. 22 chapters in and nothing has changed. Glaciers move faster then the relationships in this manga mainly because it's so stagnant and unchanging.

As for the actual yuri in this manga, it's mainly ship teasing relationships that, again, never seem to go anywhere or develop. Oh, and there's this girl who fantasies about two of the main characters getting it on who nose bleeds about it like that punching bag of a main character from Maria Holic (who thankfully isn't as annoying)... And that's about it.

TL; DR: It's good as a cutesy moe slice of life show with a few comedic movements, and as long as you don't mind that the yuri is subtext, and never goes anywhere. Otherwise, skip this dreck.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
One wonders if the staff are also going to throw in the Yuri Yuri segments where the relationships DO matter. Confused
lilredphoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
I might be interested in seeing Blade just bec I have seen the live action
movie just to check out how they will create an anime version, Blood - C
looks interesting as well as No. 6, Sacred Seven and Bunny drop since I have seen the manga for this one.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote
How come there's been no reviews of "RO-KYU-BU!"?
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

Because Sentai licensed it...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-03/sentai-filmworks-adds-ro-kyu-bu-loups-garous-ef

And as of when they announced it, they were undecided as to whether they were going to simulcast or not.
Though they did say, that they do have the streaming license.
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:42 am Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
BorgmanJayce wrote:

Because Sentai licensed it...

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-07-03/sentai-filmworks-adds-ro-kyu-bu-loups-garous-ef

And as of when they announced it, they were undecided as to whether they were going to simulcast or not.
Though they did say, that they do have the streaming license.

I know they licensed it, but I would have thought that ANN would have still done a review of at least the first episode so that people could decide whether they were going to buy it or not when it comes out soon in the US. (I'm already watching the fansubs and will definitely buy the BluRays or DVDs that come out in America in any case as I already like the show just from watching the first episode alone!)
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 am Reply with quote
BorgmanJayce wrote:

I know they licensed it, but I would have thought that ANN would have still done a review of at least the first episode so that people could decide whether they were going to buy it or not when it comes out soon in the US. (I'm already watching the fansubs and will definitely buy the BluRays or DVDs that come out in America in any case as I already like the show just from watching the first episode alone!)

The Summer Preview wasn't started until the 4th, Sentai announced it on the 3rd.
Regardless of whether the episode in question aired on the 1st or not, they're not going to review an officially licensed show when there is no legal stream for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8