• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Keeping setting on Flat view.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jkid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, everytime I change my forum settings to Flat view, they default back to Threaded view.

Please help!
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Try clearing your browser cache and decreasing your security settings long enough to change your profile and see if that helps.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jkid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Try clearing your browser cache and decreasing your security settings long enough to change your profile and see if that helps.

Emerje

I cleared all my cookies and decreased my security settings. But how do I supose to clear my broaser cache?

P.S. A few minutes ago I did cleared my security settings and my cookies but the settings keep defaulting back to threaded.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quote
It's the "Temporary Internet Files" in IE, not sure what other browsers call it. It basicly stores files directly to your hard drive so that your computer doesn't have to keep going to the web server for them. If it's not being rewritten when you change your profile settings it could cause the problems.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:45 pm Reply with quote
That particular approach doesn't work for me. I've had this issue ever since I joined ANN. Even though I set my profile to default to Flat, it always reverts to Threaded either when I logout and back in, or when I've been inactive for a while (approx. an hour - probably some timeout function).

Annoying, but trivially so.

- abunai
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:29 am Reply with quote
Rejoice! I used to think this was just a cookie/caching issue, but after reading this I did a little bug-hunting and found that the threaded view mod was badly installed (or just bad to start with?) and didn't save the setting when you edited your profile, which I fixed. So like I said, Rejoice! Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
From The Gospel of Dan42:

1:15 Lo! The crowd looked upon the work of the Chief Encyclopedist, and they saw that it was a righteous hack, and there was a rejoicing and a getting down and boogieing!

1:16 Yea, verily, the crowd went wild, and there was a partying until the crack of dawn.

1:17 Behold, the crowd had hangovers the size of Mack trucks, and there was much munching of Tylenol.

- abunai
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:15 pm Reply with quote
ROTFLOL!
That might just start giving me dellusions of grandeur ;-P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1