• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood-C (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote
I'll go for coffee shop guy Smile
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote
Death pool, I'll take the dog.

@PrimalX3, I enjoyed reading your predictions for the show, the Ender's Game twist is always cool.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
I'll go with Saya, with the caveat that if she's already dead, I win.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
...you saw the dog a bit more...and the moody black-haired too-cool-for-school kid that Saya apparently likes.

My theory is that these two are somehow one and the same.

@GeminiDS: You're not the only one. :)
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Saya's brain: spoiler["Hmm, I fight horrible monsters, including a man-eating train car. But a talking dog? Now that's ridiculous."]

I guess I was right about them spoiler[not being able to give Nono any character aside from being a twin.]

So, how big is this small town that only has one of everything? spoiler[When things get shady at the end, isn't that, like, 10% of the population? They already lost their baker, so everyone's on the Atkins diet. (It could be a contributing factor to Nono's... issue) And there's no one left to dredge the lake, so who knows what kind of illegal dumping is going on there. Coffee house guy is skipping work to hang out with the girl who's way to young for him, so no one has that all-important coffee boost in the morning. And then in this episode, they lose their one trash can. It's not clear who does what, but another half-dozen folks bite it (including the grocer? Man, the food situation looks grim. Frozen dinners from the convenience store from here on out, I guess), so that's another half-dozen services gone from the town. Putting aside whether everyone gets devoured by monsters, I don't think the economy can keep functioning like this.]

By the way, censor dudes, when you have a blob of malleable darkness doing things you can't show on TV, the correct censoring tool is not the Light Beam of Infinite Purity. You can actually cover parts of the screen with blackness within the plot.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
^ Laughing Nice Post.

The grocers may be ca-put but at least the butcher has got a load of fine cuts in.

This is actually the first episode I enjoyed, funny how it co-insided with a small scale mass slaughter. spoiler[How the hell can anyone in town not see Saya swinging a sword round. Somebody would have seen that surely!]

I also dislike the censorship, Deadman Wonderland got away with most of it why can't this show?
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
An interesting episode. Shocked

spoiler[Why is the dog telling her to wake up? Does this mean she's in some kind of dream? I hope that at least there's an "outside world", wether this is an artificial town or a dream.]
damien007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:00 am Reply with quote
PrimalX3 wrote:
An interesting episode. Shocked

spoiler[Why is the dog telling her to wake up? Does this mean she's in some kind of dream? I hope that at least there's an "outside world", wether this is an artificial town or a dream.]

I actually thought the dog was referring to the "real saya" the one with the red eyes, and that she needs to fully awaken. Also am I the only one really put off by the censoring I mean I doubt it was that gory in comparison to the previous episodes.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote
@damien007 - I guarantee you were not the only one put off by that ridiculous censoring. Guess I'll have to wait until an R1 release to see the episode the way it was meant to be seen.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote
So, episode 6 brought some actual plot. I'm glad that spoiler[they actually had the nerve to kill Nene/Nono whichever one it was] Maybe people thought Saya's sword was a hockey stick or something? Laughing I just hope they can actually do something more than just monster of the week now. The censorship was so terrible it was almost funny. I didn't think the gore was any worse than in previous episodes...
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
The censoring in the latest episode was just brutal and completely annoying. I don't recall the past episodes being censored like this so I'm not really sure what the point was.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 6: Finally something noteworthy to post about in this series, now that the story is moving along finally. Damn that was brutal. spoiler[I didn't expect them to start killing off the cast just yet, let alone two of them.] I have to agree the censoring was way overboard.

st_owly wrote:
So, episode 6 brought some actual plot. I'm glad that spoiler[they actually had the nerve to kill Nene/Nono whichever one it was] Maybe people thought Saya's sword was a hockey stick or something? Laughing I just hope they can actually do something more than just monster of the week now. The censorship was so terrible it was almost funny. I didn't think the gore was any worse than in previous episodes...

Both of the spoiler[twins, Nene and Nono are dead. Nene's head was a chew toy for the giant blue thing and Nono got possessed by the shadow thing and was filleted by Saya herself in the process of killing the creature.]
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, so they did. I forgot about that Laughing
swienke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well, we start off with Saya dealing with the emotional aftermath of spoiler[the twins' death. Finally, she she seems to have realized that she kind of sucks at saving people, and its nice to see her show a little more emotional depth while also starting to question what's going on, even if it's just a little bit. The verbal taunting of the Elder Bairn at the end, as well as its human face, also seems to be forcing her to come to terms with how strange and ultimately false everything she knows really is.]

But ultimately, that's not why I really decided to make a post about this episode. Remember that little dog spoiler[that started talking last episode? He's voiced by Fukuyama Jun. Now, I originally thought that that was pretty funny (Lelouch is a dog, hehehe),] but I didn't think that it was anything beyond that.

But then spoiler[she had a full on conversation with the dog, during which he revealed that he owns a shop - a shop that grants wishes.] Idea

spoiler[Do you know what other CLAMP character Fukuyama voices? Yep, Watanuki from Xxxholic.] Shocked

My brain's reaction:

In hindsight I probably should of seen it coming, considering spoiler[CLAMP's love of cross-overs. But I thought that since this was a part of the Blood series it would stay completely separate and not connect to the CLAMP multiverse. I was wrong, dead wrong. ] After this shocker, I'm probably even more excited to see where the series goes from here. Very Happy
Reikatan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:07 am Reply with quote
@swienki: I came here just to see if anyone else had that EXACT same idea as me. because I was watching and thinking, "This sounds way too similar to another CLAMP title...."

But being that the discussion of that possibility has been brought up, spoiler[now I'm starting to think that since I read Syaoran is supposed to go dimension hopping and everything forever (I seriously need to catch up on Tsubasa and xxxHolic), that the BLOOD-C series is just the current dimension he's in partly because of a wish he made since well, he'd already know Watanuki. And with Tokizane saying that Saya is important to him, well, quite frankly my brain is going Tokizane = Syaoran & Saya = Sakura.

Part of me would be excited if that came true, and part of me would do a facepalm because it'd be kind of cheap for the storyline. I'm not saying I would be right or anything, but the similarity you mentioned and I noticed and the plausibility of it just makes me wonder about it. Quite honestly, I *don't* want to be right about it because I would rather it be something independently original instead of link up to the older CLAMP works.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 12