• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood-C (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
I just managed to catch up on the last two episodes.

What surprised me with the 6th episode, there seems to be a few witnesses (people in the book shop (?) that can be seen through the window displays that witnessed the shadow killing off people and Saya fighting it. I guess no one thought to call the police/outside world, if such a place even exist.

I assume Saya might have more in common with Blood + Saya after all...spoiler[ Since she might not actually be who she is and she can't remember whom she used to be. ]

Besides, who cleans up all that blood?

Yttrbio wrote:

Coffee house guy is skipping work to hang out with the girl who's way to young for him, so no one has that all-important coffee boost in the morning.

It's not like he has any customers in there anyways. Saya eats her breakfast at his every day, and yet can't recall there being any other clients dropping in for a cup at any time.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote
That latest episode was interesting.

spoiler[Saya got really mad when the warrior with many swords kept implying that she was lied to. I wonder when all will be revealed.]

This was a great episode.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I suspect that she was less angry about the implication that she was lied to than the implication that her beloved father would lie to her.

We seem to be getting somewhere--or at least away from the MotW formula. Unfortunately, it's not somewhere that I appreciate--spoiler[the reference to xxxHolic and the implication that is this part of CLAMP's outrageous -verse is an alarming prospect indeed.]

Unicorn_Blade wrote:
It's not like he has any customers in there anyways. Saya eats her breakfast at his every day, and yet can't recall there being any other clients dropping in for a cup at any time.

Oh, worse than that. Despite being the only coffee shop in town, apparently some of the students in Saya's class have never heard of it--I recall the class rep introducing it as some sort of news. I guess Saya's been holding out on her friends.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote
OMG I am loving this series. It was kinda dull at first but the 2 most recent episodes have made my head explode. CLAMP never stops amazing me with their random plot twists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Question: have those guimauve monstrosties ever been placed in front of Saya without inducing her to say, out loud, "guimauve" (at least once she learned the name)? Is this the result of some conditioning from her past? Or is she just five years old, and simply blurts out the name of any object she sees?

The end of episode 7 would make a great "need a moment?" Snickers commercial.

Unicorn_Blade wrote:

Not necessarily. Random, nameless people live in this town, but they're never shown unless they have some direct interaction with Saya or a monster. Until episode 6, there were almost never "some other guys going about their business," and they only appeared when they were needed to be spoiler[victims of a slaughter.] Maybe the style is that they're just unnoticeable in non-Saya situations, and the coffee shop is packed with invisible people every time. It makes about as much sense as any other CLAMP logic.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh, worse than that. Despite being the only coffee shop in town, apparently some of the students in Saya's class have never heard of it--I recall the class rep introducing it as some sort of news. I guess Saya's been holding out on her friends.

Perhaps they're tea drinkers, and hang at the only tea shop instead? Wink
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
And here we are at episode 8.

Oh, man. So Emo Kid recognizes that Saya's skull is thicker than an 8-armed sword-wielding giant, and even says it out loud, but still doesn't want to be up front?

But what a last scene.

spoiler[Monster appears
Saya: *stare*
Monster starts moving
Saya: "Look out, two named recurring characters!!!"
Monster kills some dude
Monster kills some other dude
Monster kills some chick excruciatingly slowly
Monster kills yet another dude
Saya: *sees signal from director that dramatically appropriate number of people have been killed, leaps into action* "I won't let you kill anyone else!!!"]
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote
Seems that Saya's school uniform regenerates as fast as her body- or perhaps she has a new set for each day.

I was surprised Saya never confronted her father about the revelations of the 'samurai'. But hey, why would you like to ask your father about something really important that would explain who you are if you can not ask and constantly be surprised by other people asking YOU questions you cannot answer.

Saya's logic in the last scene escapes me- spoiler[so she won't let anyone die except for the first 4 or 5 people.]

Anyways, it reminds me a bit of no.6 in a way when I hope the next episode will bring some ground-breaking news, and of course it does not.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
I was surprised Saya never confronted her father about the revelations of the 'samurai'. But hey, why would you like to ask your father about something really important that would explain who you are if you can not ask and constantly be surprised by other people asking YOU questions you cannot answer.

I guess you are so enamoured with your own smug "wit" that you can't figure out that Saya has been brainwashed and that part of that brainwashing entails not questioning the status quo. She is currently engaged in the (very slow) process of "waking up." It wouldn't shock me to find out that her father isn't really her father.
PrimalX3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:15 am Reply with quote
Good episode. Shocked I found it to be intriguing.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

I guess you are so enamoured with your own smug "wit" that you can't figure out that Saya has been brainwashed and that part of that brainwashing entails not questioning the status quo. She is currently engaged in the (very slow) process of "waking up." It wouldn't shock me to find out that her father isn't really her father.

I hope she wakes up sooner than later, since the process is indeed incredibly slow. 8 episodes of an 11 episode series, and still counting.
Oh, I have already suggested you to buy some camomile tea for yourself, haven't I?
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
Saya's logic in the last scene escapes me- spoiler[so she won't let anyone die except for the first 4 or 5 people.]

Lets be honest here,spoiler[ most of those was more people being too damn stupid to run than Saya needing to get into action. Definitely could have prevented one or two of them though.]

Quote:
8 episodes of an 11 episode series, and still counting.

12 episodes.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote
Eivion wrote:
Unicorn_Blade wrote:

Lets be honest here,spoiler[ most of those was more people being too damn stupid to run than Saya needing to get into action. Definitely could have prevented one or two of them though.]

Well, a few of them did try to escape, like the guy who spoiler[ attempted jumping out of the window, with poor result]. Besides, most of them were not used to seeing monsters moping around the place, unlike Saya who now even carries her sword with her just in case. I think their behaviour/terror/not being able to think clearly is more natural than Saya's waiting for a few deaths before deciding she will finally not let any one else die. How many times have we heard that already.

Last edited by Unicorn_Blade on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Unicorn_Blade wrote:
I hope she wakes up sooner than later, since the process is indeed incredibly slow. 8 episodes of an 11 episode series, and still counting.

Oh, I have already suggested you to buy some camomile tea for yourself, haven't I?

Camomile tea enrages me. But we can agree on something: Saya's voyage of self-discovery is achingly slow. I, too, was disappointed that things didn't progress more in the last eppie. And yeah, her inaction in the first part of the class attack was bizarre. Whether we will ever get an explanation for that and other strange things (i.e. the weird nature of the town), remains to be seen.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[I wonder if she was doing what the dog told her to do at the end there and trying "not protecting" people to see what happens. Either way she waited way too long before attacking it. She should have been out that window, off to carve it up, when she first saw it. Then those deaths could have been prevented.] Mad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 12