• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Borders/Waldenbooks/B. Express to sell Untranslated Manga?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Kyo Kyo wrote:
Im curious is there a walldens in Rochester, NY...if so i wanna know so i can pick up some Bleach and other mangas.

You can pick up manga at almost any book store nowadays (chain stores especially), don't limit yourself to just Waldenbooks.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Of course, they are unlikely to be able to compete the the much larger markets like New York and Los Angeles where places like Kinokuniya will already be the major store for consumers.

I find it interesting. We are expanding to import manga and will be offering them at the same or similar price to the bookstores here in L.A. A lot of those titles are ones we have coming (like Death Note and Ichigo 100%). I am happy that our copies of School Rumble sold and vol. 6-7 will be up in a matter of hours.

At $12.99 I am not to concerned. Our price for the same books would be $6.05-$6.20.

You know Godai, I almost was going to say something to you about posting in regards to the subject matter but considering what you did yesterday I will hold my tounge. Twisted Evil
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Indeed... while I won't pay $12.99 for an import manga since that's so heavily overpriced, I am willing to certainly pay around the $6 mark - especially for titles that don't appear in Borders etc.

Of course, should the titles I want get licensed... my wallet is gonna shed tears Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2