• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Topic Reply Notification bugs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rage-demon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I noticed the Topic Reply Notification emails are being sent to notify me of my own posts. Is this something new, or has it been going on for a while?

Also, i've noticed that the emails still don't say what topic the notification is for. Are there plans to fix this, or is it too low priority?

Thanks, and i'm sorry if i'm dragging up old bugs when i know there's already a large amount of work being done.
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I suggest going to the Profile and then, Forum Preferences. Maybe there's something wrong there.
rage-demon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion, but there's nothing there that'd help. The "always notify me of replies" option shouldn't tell me when i've replied, but only when other people have replied. And the problem with the emails not saying the title of the thread has been happening for about a year now.

*EDIT*
Actually, i might be wrong about it notifying myself when i post... it appears that i'm simply receiving two emails.
Vigilante024

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm receiving no emails now regarding topic replies, and I have a filter that allows ANN emails to my email box.

Is anyone else not getting emails?
biliano*

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Vigilante024 wrote:
I'm receiving no emails now regarding topic replies, and I have a filter that allows ANN emails to my email box.

Is anyone else not getting emails?

Yes. I'm experiencing the same problem as well.

Is this a side effect from the hacker attack that happened a week ago? I'm saying this because the last time I received a "topic reply" notification was on December 20. When I clicked on the link, that's when I started seeing the "This site is defaced" message. Since then, I received no topic reply notifications, and I had a few topics that I marked to watch for replies.

EDIT: I just opened my E-mail box at home and I noticed that I'm receiving topic reply notices, so it looks like the problem was resolved. Thanks. Laughing
rage-demon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I just now received 6 notification emails. Two were pointing to Vigilante024's post above, two were pointing to a single post in another thread from Dec 21st, and the last two were pointing to a third post in a another thread from Dec 22nd. So it looks like i also wasn't receiving notifications and now that i'm getting them, i'm still receiving doubles.
Guilhem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:13 am Reply with quote
Yesterday I received 22 (twenty-two!!!) topic reply notifications and 2 'new private message has arrived' in the same time: like for rage-demon, all this stuff concerned old messages and posts only, some of them were also doubles
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote
22, I got 71 in one day (I've posted this before, sorry I keep repeating myself), and not only were a lot of them doubles, for some I got 4 or 5 for the same one.

When I tried to post earlier, it said the website wasn't responding, this has been happening a lot this week! It's not like I take forever to write my post either, it's happend randomly to a lot of my post, no matter how short or long.

It also seems the server has been really busy lately and is not letting me onto the site. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a bigger one? After all, ANN is only going to continue growing.

I'm not trying to complain, but it get's a little frustrating sometimes! I understand everyone is doing there best to fix all these problems, so thankyou! Just thought I'd remind you of them. Twisted Evil And DEATH to anyone who hacks into this place!!!!! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dagwood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote
I have been recieving 2 topic reply notifications for new posts. And now I'm not getting any Sad. Not a single one for about a week. What's up?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1