• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tekkoshocon 2005

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Tekkoshocon 2005 will be held on April 8, 9 and 10 at the Pittsburgh Expomart and Radisson Hotel Pittsburgh. We hope to see you there.

A real convention center this year with lots of parking and many food places nearby. The Pittsburgh Comicon has been here for many years. Right off the Turnpike (marked Pittsburgh on the list), so getting here is easy and the hotel rates are not bad.
qollocust

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Two questions:
-is there a site for this con?
-would it be difficult to get to from Philly without a car?
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Pittsburgh is on the other side of the state, 5 hour+ drive
You can bus or plane it sure
thebaron

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Well Tekkoshocon is going to again right off the Turnpike (Pittsburgh exit). Bus, Train, or Plane are all possible. I don't think hiking across the state would be wise ;)

BTW somebody I know for the most part did....
qollocust

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote
thebaron wrote:
Well Tekkoshocon is going to again right off the Turnpike (Pittsburgh exit). Bus, Train, or Plane are all possible. I don't think hiking across the state would be wise Wink

BTW somebody I know for the most part did....

My dad used to do that all the time when he was in college o.O

Yea, I'm not from the area, but I'm moving to Philly in September for college.
thebaron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Tekkoshocon Has Guests! We are pleased to announce the return of Robert and Emily DeJesus of Studio Capsule, and of Greg Ayers, Voice Actor with ADV. We are also proud to announce that Tekkoshocon will be hosting Richard "Pocky" Kim, ADV Translator, and Mike McFarland of Funimation, both first-time Tekkoshocon guests!

Also, pleased to announce that Greggo will be returning for a special Tekkoshocon appearance, with Game Shows galore! The Greggo Fan Club will be out in force!

P/S: more guests will be announced soon!
thebaron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
Pittsburgh CyberConXion in Squirrel Hill will be hosting Tekkoshocon Night. Tekkoshocon, Pittsburgh's Japanese animation and culture convention, will be accepting preregistrations for its April 8-10 event at a discounted price of $35. In addition, those who preregister for Tekkoshocon at CyberConXion will be offered a free hour of play when one hour is purchased.

Don't miss this opportunity to save on your Tekkoshocon three-day badge and check out CyberConXion's state-of-the-art gaming facilities! Pittsburgh CyberConXion is located at 1710 Murray Ave, on the second floor of the new Rite Aid building at Forbes and Murray. They can be contacted by email at [email protected] or by phone at (412) 325-7606
thebaron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:31 am Reply with quote
Shadow Star Narutaru from CPM is a premiere at Tekkoshocon:

From the Screenwriter of Serial Experiments Lain and the Animation Director of Nadia: Secret of Blue Water

Based on the hit manga!

First impressions can be misleading! Shiina nearly died when the current swept her out to sea. Instead, she was rescued by a mysterious star-shaped creature and plunged into a strange adventure! Her new friend Hoshimaru leads her into a maelstrom of alien attacks and to a secret society of psychic children. Is Shiina destined to become one of them? And is her new pet truly a friend, or a threat to all humanity?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1