• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How can you delete your own messages?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't see a red X next to the "quote" and "edit" buttons, and I don't see any box to check to delete when I edit?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:59 pm Reply with quote
There isn't a delete button, and I think that's normal. It's like real life: once you've said something, you're stuck with it. Like slashdot, I believe that if you didn't want to say it, you shouldn't have posted it in the first place. If people went back and deleted what they wrote after changing their mind, it could cause serious gaps in a discussion. We allow to edit posts in order to fix minor mistakes and typos, and hopefully people won't abuse it to pseudo-delete a post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1