• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo: Is the exhibit hall finally big enough?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRobin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:27 am Reply with quote
I've been to every Anime Expo since the first one. (Still have all my badges, too!) After the last one, though, I was about ready to call it quits. Waiting 45 minutes in line to get into the exhibit hall was a major pain in the rear. The hall simply wasn't big enough, so everyone who wanted in couldn't get in, due to fire code restrictions. This for a convention with, what was it, over 20,000 attendees? Surely they must have known.

However, if I'm reading this map right, AX03's exhibit hall should be cavernous. More than 400-feet long and at least 250-feet wide (significantly larger than a football field). 20-foot wide aisles between the booths.

Anyone want to double-check my measurements? And if I'm right, do you think we'll all fit this year? Smile

------RM
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:11 am Reply with quote
well condisering how Expo's popularity keeps growing each year I belive it probly will never be big enough.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1