• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2005: What's up with the guests?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arex-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
This'll be my fifth time attending the convention, and every year has has 10-13 major guests from Japan. But it's less than a month away, and there's only four guests announced. Is AX cutting it really close with many others, or is this it?
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I think it doesn't matter whether they announce guests early or last minute. They already know they are a well-established anime convention on the West Coast and will have an increase in attendees every year just because of its name. =\ Besides most of the guests are usually affiliated with Geneon.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Arex-kun wrote:
This'll be my fifth time attending the convention, and every year has has 10-13 major guests from Japan. But it's less than a month away, and there's only four guests announced. Is AX cutting it really close with many others, or is this it?

Looks like you posted just a tiny bit too soon. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
xstylus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:27 am Reply with quote
Arex-kun wrote:

Believe me, it would be a DREAM to be able to confirm and announce these guests much sooner.

Many of our guests have really tight schedules and aren't able to actually confirm that they'll be attending until shortly before the convention. We won't announce a guest until we're 100% sure they'll be able to attend.

In fact, there may STILL be a couple other guests we're waiting for last minute confirmation on, so stay tuned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1