• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo, Anybody going?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenshin77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quote
So Anime Expo is now 3 weeks away, Im just wondering is anybody going? If you are going, What are going to see and do? I'll be there. I want to see Mayaa Sakamoto, and see all the sights in downtown Anaheim.

by the way is anybody from the ANN Staff going to be there, and if so will there be a panel?

Last edited by kenshin77 on Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Jamesleedx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:38 am Reply with quote
I'll be going for my 5th time. I usually like to attend the guest panels, attend the Masquerade and watch anime with other fans. I'm not a big fan of of the Anime Music Video Event but the thing I like to do most is go autograph hunting and try to my anime DVD's signed by relevant guests (Much to their chagrin)
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm going. I'm not really appealed by their current guest list though. Very disappointing. =\
kenshin77

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:28 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
I'm going. I'm not really appealed by their current guest list though. Very disappointing. =\

Yeah, the guest list isnt very intrigueing. This might be a record for Anime Expo for the least amount of GOH's. But, I'm sure they will add some more, they have three weeks left.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
kenshin77 wrote:
So Anime Expo is now 3 weeks away, Im just wondering is anybody going? If you are going, What are going to see and do? I'll be there. I want to see Mayaa Sakamoto, and see all the sights in downtown Anaheim.

by the way anybody in ANN going to be there, and if so will there be a panel?

In all likelyhood, I'll be there. Smile And now that the GoH list has been updated, things are looking up a little.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
midori kou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quote
But it's like last year's guest list blended with other guest lists in the past. Only a small percentage is people who never came yet. =\
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I think it's good when guests return. You get a chance to see them if you missed them last year. I didn't get to see Seki last year, so maybe I'll try and see him this year. Anime smile Same with Chika Sakamoto at Animazement... I've yet to make it there, so I hope she makes a third appearance. Anime cry
My boyfriend is a HUGE Vegeta fan so he's super happy and excited about Ryo Horikawa; Vegeta's two English (American & Canadian) voice actors are all over the place so it's about time we got the Japanese version. Anime hyper
But it's not like guest lists are very much the reason I attend cons, unless it's someone amazing. Like when I stopped at nothing to attend Otakon '03 for T.M.Revolution and Rica Matsumoto... X3

Anyway... If it wasn't apparent already, I'm attending. This'll be my sixth AX in a row, hurrah. :3 I'll be cosplaying two out of the four days, because right now I'm intent on skipping a day for Disneyland. I just hope they don't schedule Ryo Horikawa for that day. >_>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I'll be there, although I don't really care about the guests. I was interested in Range Murata last year, but after asking about Power Instinct at his panel, I have no reason to drop by whatever he's doing this time. I'm there to buy robot toys and play arcade games, anyway.

I think the only way they could really get me excited about the guests is if Go Nagai was announced at the last minute and made a spectacular entrance on the first day, rising on the hand of a giant robot from the depths of Hell, screaming "LET THE FESTIVAL BEGIN". But he's kind of old now.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote
ill be there but then agien I've been going every year for last 5 years or so.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote
kenshin77 wrote:

by the way is anybody from the ANN Staff going to be there, and if so will there be a panel?

Yes. Right now the list is: me, Chris Macdonald, Sean Broestl, Carlo Santos, Mikhail Koulikov, and maybe George Phillips, who's still undecided.
MrShare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I lie near Anaheim. So, if you go, can you just watch all the series and movies for free in those ballrooms, or do you have to pay? What is the seating like?
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:46 pm Reply with quote
All details can be found at www.anime-expo.org.

Basically, you buy a pass/badge (I believe it's $50 for all four days for an adult now), which you wear and allows you to go to the screening rooms, vendor hall, etc. The seating in the screening rooms are, well...a bunch of standard hotel chairs in front of a big screen. It's not stadium seating or anything, so you've just got to try your best not to sit behind someone huge at a subtitled screening. Still, it's pretty nice.
MrShare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:49 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info.
hello kenney

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
to add to the comment above- you can also buy single day passes which allow you in to the exhibit hall, anime rooms, manga library, ect- basically the same as a full pass but only one day. i forget the price but i think it was around $20-25.

pro tip (for next year,) do NOT pre-register. register on site. i promise you youll be waiting in line a fraction of the time. i waited 20 mins vs my buddies 3-4 hours and we got there at the same time.

if you want to see some pictures of cosplayers and the con in general- i have some up here: http://www.cosplayuniverse.com/ga/thumbnails.php?album=12

with much more coming as soon as i get them uploaded and cropped. i took 2500 or so photos today Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1