• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster (TV) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now when different characters are speaking Czech and Tenma is unable to understand I would like the VA to actually speak Czech so that I as a viewer feel like I don't understand what is going much like Tenma. As for when characters are speaking German, for the most part I would want them speaking English with and accent. I guess the viewer (us) should be able to understand German since it is spoken in Japanese.

Yeah - that'd be a good idea. It reminds me of the episode w/Tenma and Deiter when they got a ride from that old retired cop and his wife out to visit their son. Supposedly, the old couple was from Great Brittain, so they should have been speaking English - but they Spoke Japanese. Tenma could understand, but Deiter, who only knew German (yet still only spoke Japanese) didn't understand. Then Tenma translated the English (Japanese) into German (Japanese). It was sort of a cool episode - like Jygoro said, not 100% vital to the story, but still wouldn't call it filler. It was just funny that all the supposed language barriers were all in Japanese. If this ever gets licensed, though, I'd love to see the actual languages.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:28 am Reply with quote
speaking of language its been released on the German Manga Market. One of my cousins was amazed I knew about it when I was like wait a sec Monster I know that manga.

Man just say 52-55 so glad I watch it in batches.

the whole spoiler[escaping scene was funny at first I thought it was a flashback to that one guy not his brother and Roberto on the other side of the glass was creepy ]

I just cant predict this show just when i think i got a angle it throws a massive sucker bunch and beats me ubside the head.

Damn good writing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Two new eps, one really amazing show (56, 57)
Spoilers ahead beware.

In eps 56spoiler[Brining Nina, (Anna) back was perfect, the timing everything just feels right. With Nina walking in the streets and finally seeing the weather vane to the right and the chruch steeple to the left that ran goosebumps down my arm when she turns around and realizes that this is the mansion of Red roses. After she opens the door to the birth place of the monster the look in her eye when she see herself being "welcome backed" followed by her fainting really set the tone in this eps.
Another great set of animation done for the picture book was really creepy, one again the whole recreation of a monster is burned into my head. Then in the story "The God of Peace" finally background on why Nina shot Johan in the head, and here I was thinking that monster with no name was the most important piece to Johan transformation. ]

Eps 57spoiler[I thought that this was the weaker of the two eps mainly because of the happy moments scene with Nina, Deter and Mr.Lipiski (Spelling?) but was I think that all was forgiven when Lunge (Runge, depending on who translating) shows up to announce who is Lipiski really is......(dramatic music!!!) The son of Franz Bonoparta, well didn't see that coming at all. More importantly this eps show how Johan believes everything will be Nina, much as the acorn scene. ]

Well that all for now I can't wait to see what everyone else thought about the newer monster eps.

Happy Fourth of July! Take care

Delta Kiral
cell21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quote
Hehe!!! ep 57 was brilliant for the twist at the end. ^^I can't wait to get me hands on the manga.
Isaaru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
perhaps im a little late on this but, i heard VIZ officially anounced they have the rights to the manga at AX!!

Smile
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:14 am Reply with quote
yep they had a big banner for it near there booth.

September 05 is what they told me when I went to buy it at there store they had in there booth.

damn cant wait.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I have, and if you have the patients to get through the first 22-26 episodes, then it gets really good. It does take a mature mind set while watching this series because this
is a serious drama/psychological thriller that the average Naruto viewer might not want to
get into.

Just can't wait till the finally show more of Johan's "evil" side. Twisted Evil
JustinSane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:22 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
yep they had a big banner for it near there booth.

September 05 is what they told me when I went to buy it at there store they had in there booth.

damn can't wait.

The official date for the manga release is October 4th. Viz is really out to torture us by waiting us wait so long. The manga was actually supposed to come out December 8th last year but the day came and no manga. They also did that with 20th Century Boy, that's going to be another series to look forward to.
balla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen eps 58. It is a great story telling episode spoiler[with a body gaurd who is protecting Eva. At the end we see why he was injured at the begining. Oh and it sets up a situation with Johan and Tenma for the next episode.]Great series master piece if it has an ending as good as the series has been.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:40 am Reply with quote
Someone had previously mention that 58-60 were fillers, I really can't except this having seen 58 spoiler[The development of Eva bodyguard is crucial as to what happens to her at that hotel. And in true Monster sense all charcter are developed given a back story that is believable and not only that you care about these people. There are so many characters that I feel that I have a connection with and can relate to their problem and pain.] I am not sure if the next eps will set up a situation for Tenma and Johan but it at least shed some light on what happened to Eva since we last saw her.

Delta Kiral

P.S. The end is soon, 70 or so eps and were almost at 60 I can't wait. And then we get the MANGA for this series and 20th century

Last edited by Deltakiral on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Klampo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quote
This is a little off top, but the ending credits, the monster esc image, who drew that picture and whats it called. I've known I've seen it before
balla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
does anyone know if there are any eps past 58 out yet.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quote
I believe unsubbed eps yes but no fansubs of anything past 58 has been put out yet.

Im really jonesing for more Monster one of the few shows im like ok is there new monster out today "GOD DAMN IT NO THERE ISNT"
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
balla wrote:
any new episodes out yet.

Yes there are more out, eps 59 was recently released although I have not yet had the chance to see it because I am going to LAX to pick up one of my family members and then I have to work early in the morning. It amazing how much time I don't seem to have anymore. Espically when it come to watching some anime.

Delta Kiral

Last edited by Deltakiral on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:46 am Reply with quote
just came out today or yesterday depending on time zone. watching now.

so far damn good as usual.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 15