• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Otakon 2005 [2005-08-20]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Channel 13 news story

Hey, check it out, maybe Otakon will be able to expand soon.

Eh. I think the next year or so will definately still be within baltimore, though I can see they might have trouble after that, unless they get that hotel.

And was it me, or was that video clip they kept playing from Brave Soul? Odd. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:00 pm Reply with quote
No, but that news clip was talking about building a CONVENTION hotel, which apparently would be a part of the convention building itself, and, like other hotels designed to hold conventions, would likely include a bunch of new meeting spaces on the lower floors. I think their intent was to increase the number of people that could be crammed into the BCC. Wink

Of course, I doubt they could get such a project finished by next year, or even the year after, so who knows what'll happen with Otakon.
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:09 pm Reply with quote
bitterbohemian wrote:
By any chance am I the only one who would like someone to bring over the Boogiepop novels?

No.

And is it really any surprise that MB's best-selling property is Zim?

Oh, and Otakon 2006 will be August 4-6, same Bat-place.
bebop26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:56 pm Reply with quote
This sounds great. Media Blasters re-releasing the Rurouni Kenshin Arc Boxsets for 60-70 bucks each! Great!

Still, no word on a second season of Berserk, eh? Lets just give`em time. I haven't even watched all 26 episodes of Berserk yet.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
During this time, it was revealed that Media Blasters was planning on releasing UMDs next year. They will also be getting into PC and Game Boy games, but no titles have been mentioned yet. However, Sirabella did say that they were “looking at [their] own titles first,” meaning that the games would most likely be for properties that they already have the licenses for.

Ooooo, is there a possibility that Moonlight Lady and Suika PC games could be released (given the fact that those titles are released by them through Kitty Media)?
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
"As for upcoming releases and future plans, the Rurouni Kenshin arcs will be re-released in boxes, retailing somewhere between $60-70 each."

All right! I got the Wandering Samurai and Kyoto box sets as gifts, but I've been holding off on Tales of Meiji (Season 3) for a long time. Now soon, I can get it for less than $70, woo hoo!

Media Blasters has always done a good job with affordable box sets, so keep 'em coming!
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
*reads ANN panel report*

I want an Answercat plush! I bet it's sooooo cwte! SQUEE! =^__^=

No, seriously. I do.
Case

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Otakon 2005 - Anime News Network wrote:
There will also be new promotional contests that will be run at ANN, including one that was to run shortly after the convention ended, with the prize being a Petite Cossette wine glass and a bottle of wine.

What a unique-sounding piece of merchandise! Will this be a one-of-a-kind item, or is there actually someone out there making these?
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Case wrote:
There will also be new promotional contests that will be run at ANN, including one that was to run shortly after the convention ended, with the prize being a Petite Cossette wine glass and a bottle of wine.

What a unique-sounding piece of merchandise! Will this be a one-of-a-kind item, or is there actually someone out there making these?

To elaborate on this, I believe I heard the under 21 crowed (or whatever legal age of the respective country) would get an alternative prize? Like cidar or something?

Hehe. Classy none the less.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Quote:
2x2: Shinobuden is currently being translated, and is scheduled for release sometime in 2006. Because the script is very heavy on puns, references, and accents, any information from fans that would help the translation team is appreciated.

Here's something that may help: get someone else to do it. Razz

But seriously, folks. It's good to see that a major company is reaching out and wanting fan input.

Perhaps we should just sick abunai on them. Laughing

It seems pretty cool of TRSI to do this, but it could also be cynically interpreted as a company trying to save on research costs by grabbing fan contributions. Will these fansub translators be credited, acknowledged, or paid for these contributions? I sort of doubt it. . .
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of Panels, has anyone seen the 4chan Panel?
It was 'amusing'.

For more details on the 4chan panel: http://img.4chan.org/t/res/70816.html

Also, I will be buying an ANN shirt. No question.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Shinotaku14 wrote:
Also, I will be buying an ANN shirt. No question.

We'll probably get something more formal going soon, but for now:

Anything in particular you'd like to see on the shirt?
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Well the elf needs to be on the shirt.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Case wrote:

Definitely one of a kind. The contest will be up tomorrow, with pictures. IIRC, Geneon only had 100 wineglasses made, for promotional purposes.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Case wrote:

Definitely one of a kind. The contest will be up tomorrow, with pictures. IIRC, Geneon only had 100 wineglasses made, for promotional purposes.

21 and over contest is what this is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3