• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WOLFITAN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR THE EDITORS.
THERE ARE THREE NAMES FOR THIS NAME AND I'TS THE SAME PERSON. IN FACT... ME.
MY NAME IS WOLFANG GALINDO AND THE WRITING IS PERFECT.
IT EXISTS IN YOUR ENCYCLOPEDY
BUT YOU CAN ELIMINATE THIS TO NAMES FROM THE ENCYCLOPEDY.

WOLGANG GALINDO (# 40062 )
WOLFGANG GALINDO (# 46142 )

THE SAME PERSON.
THANK YOU.

Last edited by WOLFITAN on Mon May 14, 2007 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
wao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:09 am Reply with quote
More merged persons:

person#36676

Kobayashi Kei. One is 小林敬 the colour coordinator/checker (credits off Planetes, I don't know about Gad Guard but I'm pretty sure it's same person because the studio that did the colouring for that ep of Planetes, Ad Cosmo, did same stuff in Gad Guard.), one is the seiyuu 小林希唯 (given kanji)

person#39774

Shimizu Hideo. One is the scriptwriter 清水秀雄 (given kanji) one is the effects guy 清水英男 (credits off Planetes).
cat_clan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I think Rin SHIN and Rinshin are the same person.
Based that both has worked on some high-profile H Anime and H game. Also Rin SHIN is listed as the Character designer for I's OVA 1 and Rinshin is listed as the Character designer for I's OVA 2.
And you can clearly see on this webpage that the character design for OVA 2 is the same as OVA 1.
Also the correct romanization is either RIN-SIN or just RINSIN as shown in the cover of his illustration book RINSIN ILLUSTRATIONS
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote
I'd like to see Steven Blum's entry merged with his other aliases. He has a lot of aliases and his roles are so divided, David Lucas having 60 or so, and Steven Blum at 48 or so. Plus merge all of his aliases together with his real name please?

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yasumichi OZAKI (correct)
Yasumichi OSAKI (misreading)

Ryuji NAKAGI (correct)
Ryuouji NAKAGI (typo)

Kusanagi-Kei wrote:
I'd like to see Steven Blum's entry merged with his other aliases. He has a lot of aliases and his roles are so divided, David Lucas having 60 or so, and Steven Blum at 48 or so. Plus merge all of his aliases together with his real name please?

Thank you.

This has been addressed before. Confused We know this, but have been requested to keep them separate. Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
This isn't a duplicate person, but person #47941 name is mispelled. It should be Tommy february6.

She also happens to be the same person as #48294. She uses different aliases for herself, but I'm not sure how one should deal with that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
IS she actually listed in the credits for Paradise Kiss as "Tommy february6" or is that just the name of the site - she has another site "Tommy Heavenly6": http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/Tommy/heavenly/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
IS she actually listed in the credits for Paradise Kiss as "Tommy february6" or is that just the name of the site - she has another site "Tommy Heavenly6": http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/Tommy/heavenly/

Yes. http://parakiss.tv/_pkiss/

"Tommy february6" is one of her names used for a certain style of music. When she does another style, she's "Tommy heavenly6". Each name releases different singles and albums. You can see here how the label deals with the split: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/Tommy/

So really, her page on ANN should be her real name and then "Tommy february6" etc should be aliases.

Ah, Jpop idols. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quote
Okey dokey, I've been away from here for a long, long time. Now I'd (re)start from page 15.

Quote:
Cathy WESELUCK
Cathy WESELOUCK (misspelling)

Catriona MURPHY
Catrona MURPHY (misspelling)

Kazuya ICHIJOU
Kazuya ICHIJYO

Miyuki ICHIJOU
Miyuki ICHIJYO

Toru OHKAWA
Toru OKAWA

Makiko OHMOTO
Makiko OHTOMO (misreading)
Makiko OHKI (misreading)
Makiko KOMOTO (misreading)

Jun'ichi KANEMARU
Junichi KANAMARU (misreading)

Jun'ichi SUWABE
Junichi SUABE (misreading)

Kanako TATENO
Kanako TATSUNO (misreading)

Yuko GOTO
Yuoko GOTO (misreading)
Source: http://sdb.noppo.com/yuko_got.htm

Daniel KATSüK
Daniel KATSUK

R Bruce ELLIOTT
R. Bruce ELLIOTT

Rob MUNGLE
Rob MUMGLE (typo)

Robert TINKLER
Rob TINKLER (shortened)

Robert Martin KLEIN
Robert KLEIN (shortened)
Bob KLEIN (shortened some more)
Bob MARX (alias)

Bill TIMONEY
Billy NREGAN (misspelling of "Billy Regan")

Wrong: Ken'ichi Konishi 4696
Right: Kenichi Konishi 1713

Yukitoshi HORI
Yukinoshi HORI

Kenta Kimotsuki 15693
Kaneta Kimotsuki 7237 (preferred)

All merged.

Quote:
Moyoco Anno
Moyoko Anno

Merged and linked with Hideaki Anno.

Quote:
Junichi SUGAWARA
Junichi SUGAHARA (misreading)
Junichi SUGIWARA (misreading)
Jun'ichi SUGAHARA (misreading)
Junhichi SUGAWARA (misreading)
Junichi KANBARA (misreading)
Source: http://sdb.noppo.com/jun_suga.htm (could not find source info for the last one, though looking up his family name kanji showed that "Kanbara" is a possible reading)

Merged all but the last one, for the only credit it has is Student B in The Samurai, yet the cast list itself is a big mess (it's very uncommon to have so many VA with one role only). With situation like this we need the help of another Encyclopedist, areaseven, to clean it up, for he was the submitter of the entire cast list. Twisted Evil Mr. Green

That's all for today. Page 16 will be dealt with tomorrow. :yawn:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:46 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Merged all but the last one, for the only credit it has is Student B in The Samurai, yet the cast list itself is a big mess (it's very uncommon to have so many VA with one role only). With situation like this we need the help of another Encyclopedist, areaseven, to clean it up, for he was the submitter of the entire cast list. Twisted Evil Mr. Green

That's all for today. Page 16 will be dealt with tomorrow. :yawn:

Well, that's the list given by ADV on their release of the title. I tried to look for any further information on this anime, but to no avail. I don't even know why they picked up The Samurai in the first place.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Well, that's the list given by ADV on their release of the title. I tried to look for any further information on this anime, but to no avail. I don't even know why they picked up The Samurai in the first place.

Many of those names on cast list were wrong (I'm not blaming you, A7 -- it's ADV who did a bad job). One of them is a "Chinatsu Sakamoto" as Akari Toki, which is a secondary character. While looking for authentic pages with more info, I came across many websites with live-action The Samurai, crediting Mitsuhiro Kasuga, one of my favorite manga-ka, as the original creator. So I began to wonder, "if it's an adaptation from his manga, the cast shouldn't be filled with unknown names." Then I finally found trustworthy pages with anime version of The Samurai (at allcinema).

声の出演: 坂本千夏 (Chika Sakamoto)

GAAAAAAAAAH! Evil or Very Mad They took the kunyomi ("natsu") instead of onyomi ("ka") of kanji "夏" (summer). Furthermore, it was released as late as 2003 (US); hasn't anyone of their translation team watched Totoro?!

As I'm typing this post, I found another highly possible one: "Nanaseko Watanabe," most likely to be Naoko Watanabe. Her given name 菜生子 was translated character by character:

菜 = na
生 = nase (生せ)
子 = ko

Anime dazed

There are more, and mostly are older titles (80's-90's) licensed by ADV in 2003. Rolling Eyes
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
Page 16

Quote:
Hideo SHIMOSAKA (correct)
Hideo SHIMOZAKA (typo)

Takeyuki SADOHARA (correct)
Takayuki SADOHARA (typo)

Mitsuru MIYAMOTO (correct)
Mituru MIYAMOTO (typo)

Douou MAYASHITA
Michio MIYASHITA
Michiyo MIYASHITA

Junichi Mayashita
Junichi Miyashita

Nobuo TOBITA (correct)
Nobita TOBUO (o_O)

Risa HAYAMIZU (correct)
Lisa HAYAMIZU (duplicate)

All done.

Quote:
Takashi MATSUO and Matsuo MATSUO... and it was even you, dormcat, who added the name change info.

Done. I submitted those info way before I became a staff of ANN. Thanks for digging it up. Wink

Quote:
Kabajima Yousuke (misreading?)
Kabashima Yousku (typo)
Kabashima Yousuke (correct, I think - also has most entries)
Kabashima Yousuki (typo)

Kabashima Yousku and Kabashima Yousuki are definitely the same -- submitted by the same user and within the same title (and both misspelled). Yet, I have no idea if he's Kabashima Yousuke, so I'm leaving it alone.

Quote:
Selece ZAN (correct)
Selece ZANN (incorrect)
Zan (alternatively credited name)

This case is, well, beyond my knowledge, for I don't watch dub except special cases e.g. Patrick Stewart as Yupa.

Quote:
Besides those relationships, I would also like to see sensei/assistant (e.g., Kazushi Hagiwara was Izumi Matsumoto's assistant).

Done.

Quote:
I'm dying to know whether Jin and Susumu Aketagawa are linked or not already.

Are they father/son or brothers? Both sound like male to me, so very unlikely to be married couple.
Obakeneko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:32 am Reply with quote
Kouji MAGAINO
Kouji MAKAINO

The first reading is correct, according to Goo Movie Database and ja.wikipedia.org.
cat_clan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Masaaki Kanan
Masaaki Kounan

The second reading is wrong... The Kanji 河南 reads as Kanan. I looked for both and found them credited in Urusei Yatsura and Weed under 河南正昭.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 144