• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oni-con 2005 Houston

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, Oni-Con is coming up in about 3 weeks and the website does not hold a lot of information. No times when it will start, when it ends, what anime they will be showing in the videorooms etc. I've only been to one anime convention before. Is it usually like this? Does more information come in closer to the actual event date? Is it worth it to go the first day it starts? It just doesn't seem like a lot of people will be there on a Friday. Just wondering.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
freshkazuki wrote:
I've only been to one anime convention before.

What was your first? Kamikazecon, O-chibicon, A-kon, AnimeFest?

freshkazuki wrote:
Is it usually like this? Does more information come in closer to the actual event date?

It really depends on the con. Typically, most of the information is online, although schedules change up till the last minute.
freshkazuki wrote:
Is it worth it to go the first day it starts? It just doesn't seem like a lot of people will be there on a Friday. Just wondering.

I've never gone to Oni, but the first day is usually reserved for Opening Ceremonies and the like, not too many panels to visit. If you pre-regged, and they are giving out goodie bags, it's a good idea to get there opening day because that's the first thing to run out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1