• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problems Logging Out

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I've been having serious issues trying to log out today.

When I log out, my username still shows up in the registered users list over on the right, and my account is still included for the Online Stats registered users count.

I thought it might just be a cached HTML file in my browser at first, but I no longer think that is the problem. I've tried super-reloading, navigating to threads I haven't read yet, and even switched browsers and my account is still shown as logged in. Anime dazed

Any clue what might be causing this? I just started accessing the board via AOL's browser a couple of days ago - could that have anything to do with it?
(Although that seems unlikely, because if I log out in AOL, log in via Netscape, and then log out in Netscape, my account is *still* shown as being online.)
Mad

I would very much appreciate any help in figuring this out. It's not a life-threating issue or anything, but it IS very annoying and slightly worries me.
Case

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:20 am Reply with quote
The problem seems to have cleared up by itself for the time being... whatever it was.

I was able to use the boards via Netscape and AOL both with no problems yesterday, and I've already tested it with IE5 on a school computer this morning and nothing out of the ordinary seems to be happening.

Now I'm just hoping that somebody hasn't gotten my password.
Confused

Sorry for the trouble.
Case

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:31 am Reply with quote
Okay, new problem now...

This problem I'm getting on IE5 and NS4.7 at school under Mac OS 9.

Each time I try to post a new message or delete an old post, it gives me a PHP error. The message still gets deleted or posted as attempted, but it displays an error instead of redirecting me back to the forum.

(I posted the previous message several times as a result, and had to delete the extra copies.)

This is the message I get when trying to do both operations:

Warning: Failed opening 'connect.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in top2.php on line 2

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gethost() in top2.php on line 5
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:58 am Reply with quote
I'm going to try to fix that bug right now
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 10:09 am Reply with quote
Okay, I'm not sure about your problem logging out, but I got that problem with the PHP errors fixed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1