• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Remnants of the Day

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
WTF. I dont hear any criticism of Halo Focking Reach or Call of Duty 3000 in Space having the same tired FPS gameplay that Doom and Wolfstein 3d had back in the early 90s. [Line removed. As the rules state, disagree respectfully or not at all]. It has an amazing story, great characters, and one of the best soundtracks in a while, and its easily in the top 3 360, top 10 current gen rpgs, and probably in a top 50 rpg list of all time.

Oh no its turn based, that makes it a bad game, **** can we stop used this tired nonsensical argument. When Mario, and fps, or any fighter for that manner make some major shift, which it cant as thats part of the genre, then come whine to me about turn based.

That is all.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:10 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
-rant

Uh..

There was no back handed comment.
All it said was Lost Oddysey was a traditional turn based RPG.

Nowhere does it say that's it's a bad game.
Rolling Eyes

OT:
God, I think I have that issue of Nintendo Power with the SRT article still. That is such a terrible article now that I look back at it. I can get behind the Superhero referencing and what not though.

Remnant Knights looks...interesting, to say the least. Even more so because of the fact that it has the backing of Game Samba and FUNimation.

Might have to check it out.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Aynslesa wrote:
Words cannot express my sadness at The Last Story being a Wii-only game. I have a steadfast rule that there must be either a minimum of 5 games - or a Final Fantasy main title game - that I want before I put out the money for a new console. Wii never even came close, and I was content in that...and now it's last hurrah is The Last Story? And it's console-exclusive? So much sadness here...all of the sadness... ::tear::

Well the good news is that with the WiiU coming out you've got two options. Wait for a price drop of the Wii after the launch so that you can bend your rule, or wait till there are hopefully 5 games for the WiiU that you want and pick it up then since it's backwards compatible (at least for now...).

I was thinking of picking up Blazblue CS Extend right before CP was announced and now I'm not sure if I should get it. The last BB game I got was the first one (CT) and I did enjoy that, but with a new one coming out in a few months or so I wonder if I should just wait as I'm in no rush. Hmm, decisions decisions.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Ballz, lol. Oh the jokes that can come from this. XD

Last Story, it's about time I say.
DJcream

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:57 am Reply with quote
While I was randomly visiting a NorCal arcade, the local BlazBlue players were huddling around a laptop checking Twitter and Dustloop for the latest loketest information on how BBCP plays. I found it hilarious at the groups reaction to some of the major changes such as the lack of gold bursts and how Overdrive will be the BB X-factor equivalent and will take gameplay in the wrong direction.

Aside from that, I'm having a blast with Persona 4 Arena. The game is incredibly easy to pick up and has a legit story that's worth paying attention to. I appreciate this since adding all of this makes it easy for the original RPG fanbase to get into this game easily.

What else is everyone playing?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:31 am Reply with quote
Game companies were allowed to get away with misnomers on foreign games like that simply because of ignorance from the general and gaming public alike. If game companies tried that today, they would be raked over the coals severely by the gaming and anime public because of the increase in media knowledge surrounding anime.

But back then? It was all gravy. After all, what did game companies care what a few "Japanimation" fans thought about how they spelled their featured Japanese game? Rolling Eyes
Animehermit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:

I don't think the Last Story can afford to be on the PS3 (and putting it on the X-Box would be a waste of time, and money). Keep in mind that HD is a huge cost that a lot of developers can't really afford.

Actually it probably has more to do with the PS3 being notoriously difficult to port games too. This, of course, doesn't really excuse them from not making it for the 360 as well(which is really easy and costs very little to develop on). This has nothing to do with the higher definition on the other two consoles but more of how console architecture operates.

If they made a port I doubt they would go with an "HD" version of the game (since most consoles can't output to true HD either way). They would most likely do a straight port with no bells and whistles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2