• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cosplay Comes to Wizard World Chicago

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeInsider

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:47 am Reply with quote
In the years that Wizard Entertainment (the people behind Anime Insider and Wizard: The Comics Magazine) has run Wizard World Chicago—the second largest genre entertainment convention in the country with 42,000 attendees—we’ve wanted to hold a masquerade contest, and with our 2003 show it’s finally going to happen!

Wizard World Chicago 2003, held from August 8 to10 at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, will be awarding prizes including rare DVDs, video games, T-Shirts and more in a number of categories in our first ever cosplay contest will be held the evening of Saturday, August 9th!

Winners and entrants will have their photos run in the next issue of Anime Insider, and on the anime-insider.com website! Of course, if you bring “Chair” chants, we may have to kill you.

Contest rules and information will be available by Monday June 9th on the Wizard World Chicago page of www.wizarduniverse.com.
Jab_man25

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for a little insight here. I am a big otaku, however I rarely have time to go to conventions. Recently however i have learned that Wizard World Chicago will be taking place during my upcoming vacation. I realize that this event will be mostly based on western comics. However I have seen that a cosplay contest will be held, a big staple of anime conventions. I was wondering if anyone out there has been to this event before. Is there a good representation of the anime world or is it a side bar at best. I am just curious if it is worth the drive to Chicago for an anime junkie like myself. I would apprecate any and all comments from fellow freinds of anime. Thank you and have a good one
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeInsider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Jab_man25 wrote:
Is there a good representation of the anime world or is it a side bar at best. I am just curious if it is worth the drive to Chicago for an anime junkie like myself. I would apprecate any and all comments from fellow freinds of anime. Thank you and have a good one

First of all, if you do decide to go, please stop by the Anime Insider booth! We'd love to be able to talk to you.

Second, while Wizard World Chicago is primarily a comics convention first, we are slowly building our repertoire of anime-themed events and programming, starting with this cosplay contest. We're also going to be showing anime in one of our main theaters, some of the companies will be there to promote their anime (and possibly sell it, depending on the company), and of course, we can't forget about the Anime Insider DVD giveaway! In the past, prizes have included anime cels, toys, the latest DVD releases and some classic series as well. We'll also be giving away Anime Insider T-shirts with every paid subscription to the magazine.

I personally hope that there will come a time where our anime programming track is larger and more extensive, but we're not quite there yet. The more anime fans that let us know that they want anime programming, the more we'll be able to justify doing more. You can always write to us at [email protected] if you have more questions.

Trisha Lynn
...cons make great vacation spots...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1