• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Plushies

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote
This is kinda a wierd question but does anybody know any store that has a good selection of anime plushies? I can't really find any places that have that many. I'm looking for some of the more rarer ones.
remember love

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
This is kinda a wierd question but does anybody know any store that has a good selection of anime plushies? I can't really find any places that have that many. I'm looking for some of the more rarer ones.

The only time I've actually seen plushies was with pokemon and that was at suncoast I think but this was a few years back. But if you're looking for rare it's probably best to look on ebay and see what's up for auction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:

Animeten.com and if you're in s.cali, you can always do a pickup from their place of operation.

remember love wrote:
PantsGoblin wrote:

The only time I've actually seen plushies was with pokemon and that was at suncoast I think but this was a few years back. But if you're looking for rare it's probably best to look on ebay and see what's up for auction.

Ebay's probably the worst place to look as there are tons of bootleg anime plushie shipping from china and other parts of asia (outside of Japan).

10 post a day, you sure post a hella lot.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Anime ten didn't really have that large of a selection. Mainly just US plushies I see everywhere. I'm kind of looking for the rare imports. I was able to get a handfull of them on my trip to Japan, but I want more. There must be someplace online that sells them.
steelecomics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:50 pm Reply with quote
At Steele Comics (which is a company I run) we offer plushes. Most of them are less than retail as well. Sadly we don't really carry too many rare ones or imports. But you might find something that you like, or have been looking for there. We have a pretty good selection. Usually we concentrate more on anime and manga, so that keeps us from getting too many rare plushes.

So you can check us out if you would like. Just thought I would let you know. We also have really good deals on anime, manga, and everything else as well.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:07 am Reply with quote
Cons or ebay is your best bet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
poweranime

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
You can always check my place... and send in a special request... PowerAnime.com... and if you're in the S. Cal area, swing by our shop in the Westside Pavilion in Westwood (near UCLA)! Our latest batch was Fushigi Yuugi, Hide (X Japan Rocker), CCS and some really rare Azumanga Daioh plushies (we got the ones that shake when you pull a string). we also get loads of new ones from Naruto and Bleach all the time.

Drop me a line some time!
dirtyharry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I think I've seen them in Borders with the Pokemon, but that's it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1