Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Fate/stay night TV Anime


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 767
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
opn wrote:
How can they release something that does not exist Confused


Oh you rabid Type-MOON fans and your hilarious insistence that there isn't a Tsukihime Anime. I can always be entertained when you're around.


I'm not a type-moon fan but there is no Tsukihime anime.
spoiler[ There was in reality one. It was Mars of Destruction tier, if not worse though. It's justifiable people refuse to acknowledge it's existence. ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoraChanShadow



Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
I'm going to pass on this. Already have the dvd of this show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE



Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 382
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
I was hoping Sentai would release Another and Dusk maiden of Amnesia soon I much rather see those two titles dubbed before anything else on this list. I found the first Mardock Scramble film and its dub to be pretty underwhelming but overall it was a decent film.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jmfsilenthill
Space CowboySpace Cowboy


Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 1779
Location: Frig off, Ricky!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:59 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see this getting another release in the R1 market, and on bluray no less. Now I'm really glad I didn't pay out the a** for the Geneon boxset. Too bad the rest of the Fate series isn't very affordable Laughing .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 12767
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
I'm not a type-moon fan but there is no Tsukihime anime.
There was in reality one. It was Mars of Destruction tier, if not worse though. It's justifiable people refuse to acknowledge it's existence.


Of course Lunar Legend Tsukihime exists, and of course refusing to acknowledge that fact is not justifiable. The show has got big flaws, true, but it isn't awful. Maybe it doesn't hold a candle to the VN - I wouldn't know, since I don't read those - but in and of itself the show is a smidgen above mediocre. It's certainly not so terrible as to deserve the childish smear campaign that frothing-at-the-mouth Type-MOON fans have waged against it. You say you're not a Type-MOON fan which means you don't even have that excuse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
DangerMouse



Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1679

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Awesome job Sentai.

Oh man, Bodacious Space Pirates indeed getting a BD release and therefore getting dubbed, made my weekend. Love this show.

Can't wait for the second Mardock Scramble, and the rest of Persona 4.

Never got around to buying Fate/stay night, might look at it now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alamarco



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
This will be an instant buy for me. Can't wait for this to come out. I have the original Geneon set, but I've been dying for a BD release. What's nice too is that Sentai will release the actual high quality where as FUNimation used to (not sure if they still do) release a 480p upscale on BD.

Really glad that Sentai got this and not FUNimation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 767
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:


Of course Lunar Legend Tsukihime exists, and of course refusing to acknowledge that fact is not justifiable. The show has got big flaws, true, but it isn't awful. Maybe it doesn't hold a candle to the VN - I wouldn't know, since I don't read those - but in and of itself the show is a smidgen above mediocre. It's certainly not so terrible as to deserve the childish smear campaign that frothing-at-the-mouth Type-MOON fans have waged against it. You say you're not a Type-MOON fan which means you don't even have that excuse.


I might also mention that I sat through it all.

Better question: You DO know what Mars of Destruction? It's something that was panned for being one of the worst, if not THE worst, anime of all time. It shouldn't even have been released at that, even if it was done by Idea Factory.

Now, I compared the craptastic Tsukihime anime to Mars of Destruction. It was bad, even from my view, a guy who sat through and enjoyed the entirety of Virus Buster Serge, Orguss 02's English dub, Garzey's Wing and Dangaizer 3.

That should say something about how terrible it was.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jl07045



Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 1060
Location: Riga, Latvia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Of course Lunar Legend Tsukihime exists, and of course refusing to acknowledge that fact is not justifiable. The show has got big flaws, true, but it isn't awful. Maybe it doesn't hold a candle to the VN - I wouldn't know, since I don't read those - but in and of itself the show is a smidgen above mediocre. It's certainly not so terrible as to deserve the childish smear campaign that frothing-at-the-mouth Type-MOON fans have waged against it. You say you're not a Type-MOON fan which means you don't even have that excuse.


The reason why Type-moon fans do that is because it fails as an adaptation. Whether the show deserves it or not depends on how serious you think TM fans are in ignoring its existence. I for one simply think of it as a meme that sometimes (like so many other memes) gets out of control, so to speak.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5085

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
All this discussion of a show that objectively doesn't exist.

*sigh*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
getchman
Pirate KingPirate King


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 6497
Location: Cheshire, CT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
alamarco wrote:
This will be an instant buy for me. Can't wait for this to come out. I have the original Geneon set, but I've been dying for a BD release. What's nice too is that Sentai will release the actual high quality where as FUNimation used to (not sure if they still do) release a 480p upscale on BD.

Really glad that Sentai got this and not FUNimation.


Funimation was never going to license it. sold like crap when Geneon had it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 12767
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Better question: You DO know what Mars of Destruction? It's something that was panned for being one of the worst, if not THE worst, anime of all time. It shouldn't even have been released at that, even if it was done by Idea Factory.

Now, I compared the craptastic Tsukihime anime to Mars of Destruction. It was bad, even from my view, a guy who sat through and enjoyed the entirety of Virus Buster Serge, Orguss 02's English dub, Garzey's Wing and Dangaizer 3.

That should say something about how terrible it was.


Then your eye for bad Anime is rather lacking.

I have not heard of Mars of Destruction, but so what? Lunar Legend Tsukihime is nowhere near the worst Anime ever made, so I don't see what the hell your point is.


Last edited by dtm42 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 1178

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Yay, though I am sad that i went and bought the original from ebay for like $50....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kanechin



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 411

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Vata Raven wrote:
kanechin wrote:
Now that Gaiden is being dubbed I finally have a reason to watch it. Was hoping for the cast from the Reload/Gunlock dubs but the original cast is still good.

You watch Reload/Gunlock first? Because if you did...you watched season 2 & 3 first, and the LA VAs don't really portray the characters too well, they try, but they're not as good as the ADV actors. Hell, Yuri Low used a fake name in the cast. And honestly...you don't even have to watch Reload and Gunlock, they don't even make it India, so season 1 is all that you need to watch.



I watched Reload first, the original 2nd, the Requiem movie 3rd and Gunlock last. Does this mean they got Braden Hunt to voice Hakkai again since I haven't heard him in any recent dubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 1816

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
alamarco wrote:
This will be an instant buy for me. Can't wait for this to come out. I have the original Geneon set, but I've been dying for a BD release. What's nice too is that Sentai will release the actual high quality where as FUNimation used to (not sure if they still do) release a 480p upscale on BD.

Really glad that Sentai got this and not FUNimation.


Funimation was never going to license it. sold like crap when Geneon had it


I really doubt it sold terribly for Geneon, considering how hard it could be to find once it went of print. I paid quite a but for the singles and art box only a few weeks after Geneon cancelled their distribution deal with ADV and all but closed up shop. It could be pretty hard to find even then. I think it was more that Geneon overpaid for the title and it failed to deliver what they expected, as has happened to many popular titles including Azumanga Daioh and Haruhi Suzumiya. There is a fine difference between a show not selling and losing money because you paid too much money for it.

Sentai likely paid far, far less than Geneon did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group