• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds KyoAni's Chūnibyō Demo Koi Ga Shitai

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
so this makes 5 fall shows now?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
Ohhh, thank goodness! That means this will eventually get a legit simulcast unlike Hyouka.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised Sentai was able to get this one. It couldn't be a cheap license like a lot of the other pre-airing stuff they get..
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
Given the fact that this is another High School based anime Exclamation , I have somewhat high hopes this will be halfway decent given the few previews shown. If it's anywhere close to being as much fun as Mysterious Girlfriend X then color me happy and a potential buyer.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Sigh, Sentai, why do you fail when you do something good? Why did you repeat ANN's first mistake and give the back cover of the second novel's summary when it's not being adapted? Shichimiya isn't going to appear in this story.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:54 am Reply with quote
Why do you think a 330 page light novel would be enough to adapt for a one cour series? Why wouldn't they get to the second book?
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Why do you think a 330 page light novel would be enough to adapt for a one cour series? Why wouldn't they get to the second book?
Because the supervisor himself said they're using the first novel as a base and adding anime-original elements. Here's the excerpt from the interview in the 2012/08 issue of Newtype:
Quote:
I’ve heard that there’s a lot of anime-original elements in this version. Would you mind telling us about them?
Ishihara: There’s a lot of anime-original elements. We used the first novel of the original stories as a base to compose the series, but just one novel isn’t enough. Thus we had to add elements to the story. There’s various details here and there that add up.

Edit: Thank you very much to the news staff who changed the summary. I was worried that it would confuse viewers who would be wondering who that other character is once the show started.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
The inevitable ANN headline in the near future:

NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Every Anime Ever Made And Every Anime That Will Be Made
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
And this would be a bad thing how??
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:34 pm Reply with quote
It's not!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm okay with this. I hope it gets a BD release.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I am a fan of Sentai, and always enjoyed their Bluray releases and thought they looked amazing like with ef and Clannad. However, I'm still worried about the quality difference between Japanese and Western discs.

Anybody think they will put out a low quality transfer? I hope Kyoto Animation doesn't do that.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Yay!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Shippoyasha wrote:
I am a fan of Sentai, and always enjoyed their Bluray releases and thought they looked amazing like with ef and Clannad. However, I'm still worried about the quality difference between Japanese and Western discs.

Anybody think they will put out a low quality transfer? I hope Kyoto Animation doesn't do that.

Well, it's a good thing this isn't a Kadokawa show, because they are the ones who are really fearful of reverse importation. I believe this is a Pony Canyon show, and I don't think they are all that restrictive of their shows when it comes to international releases. So there's a much lower chance of something like that happening to Chuunibyou than say Hyouka (if it gets licensed).
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, it's a good thing this isn't a Kadokawa show, because they are the ones who are really fearful of reverse importation. I believe this is a Pony Canyon show, and I don't think they are all that restrictive of their shows when it comes to international releases. So there's a much lower chance of something like that happening to Chuunibyou than say Hyouka (if it gets licensed).
It's not just Kadokawa; Geneon is the new cause for importation fears with Index.

As for Chuunibyou, the international rights belong to TBS, who Sentai has a good relationship with. Sentai also seems to be on good terms with Kadokawa as Another still appears to be on track for a BD release. I wouldn't worry about that in favor of ensuring there's enough support that Sentai wants to release it on BD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2