• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cosplay Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x_ekibyougami_x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Even though this is not going to be my first convention, this year at Anime North is going to be my first year cosplaying. It is easy enough for me to make my stepdad's costume (he is dressing as Myoga), but my costume is turning out to be a bit more difficult than I thought that it would be. I am dressing as Saya from Blood the Last Vampire, and the skirt looks easy enough to make as well as the sword (especially since I have several guides Laughing ), but I am completely lost on how to make the shirt. It is one of those standard Sailor Suit/School Uniform style shirts, for anyone not familiar with the anime. I have a shirt which I can alter as well, but I am a bit stumped with everything else. If anyone has any suggestions, even for the katana or skirt if not for the shirt, they would be greatly appreciated. And if this is not in the right place, I apologize deeply.
RedComet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I suggest asking on the cosplay.com forums. They were really helpful when I had questions about cosplaying.
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:31 pm Reply with quote
There's a Simplicity pattern, I think, for a cheerleader outfit with a pleated skirt and sailor collar...

I'd check your local fabric store.
x_ekibyougami_x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Thankies... I am not the best at sewing and was hoping to simply alter something which I already had. I need all the help than I can get. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1