• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PETA Releases Pokémon Parody Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
*plays said game*
my reaction starting at 0:36

That was amazing, it is like they do not even realise how much they are making themselves look like the villains of said game they are paroding, and have no idea what they are talking about.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Fangirls love bad boys.

That is an understatment. I can get why the fangirl would like some bad boys characters like Vegetta,Picolo from DBZ and especially Inuyasha's older brother, but i would never include Shinji as a bad boy at all. let alone fangirls liking him especially since back in season 1 the only character some fangirls like and thought as a bad boy was Gary Oal though he has mellowed out.

but shinji a bad boy? not a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Waw, black and blue (a black eye reference)...."gotta free em all"... the fail is strong with this one
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, there's smogon, who basically view the game as an Excel spreadsheet. Also the players who usually complain about stuff from the anime like calling Satoshi a dumb trainer for releasing his Pokemon so they can be happy (Butterfree, Okorizaru, etc) as opposed to keeping them enslaved and whipping them to be his servants against their will like a 'good trainer' would do.

Well, Satoshi IS a dumbass for releasing the fastest fricking fighting Pokemon up until Generation IV. If you honestly think the animated cartoon is better than the games, then watch these videos with a STRAIGHT face and then tell me that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LH3vgXGiVY&list=FLDiueJXbO8IArQsPRyNsigg&index=2&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbhp37vOec&list=FLDiueJXbO8IArQsPRyNsigg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I told you, the show is crap. It's not even debatable.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Uh, what? Which Pokemon is that again?

And I'm not sure what those videos indicate. If you mean soundtrack, then I disagree. I find the main games to have a much better soundtrack, and the anime just uses music from the games, so I'd say it's better in that department.
Rence54

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
Weazul-chan wrote:
I'm pretty sure someone with, say, a severe chronic pain condition would likely argue as much for animal testing, within reasons, as the person dying from an illness if both were told that animal testing would likely lead to a treatment or cure for their conditions.

As someone suffering one of those odd, rare, and chronic condition which causes pain i wouldn't wish on my enemies (well, not all of them anyway) please allow me this opportunity to say that you are 100% correct. Every day, and likely every day for the rest of my life, i take mass quantities of medications just so i can even get out of bed. There is not a single pill i take that at some point wasn't tested on some animal in a lab somewhere. So, is my life more important than a cage full of rats? It is to me.

Having said that, i do feel the need to say that i am against intentional cruelty to animals. Someone who abuses their pets does deserve to go to jail at the very least. (tho personally I prefer the idea of teaching them what it feels like to be abused, but thats just me) I adopt pets from the Humane Society and only then from no kill shelters.

But some people, in addition to being insane fanatics, are hypocrites and cowards. Fur is bad, but yet leather belts and shoes are ok? Do you know why they champion the fur issue? Because throwing paint on a little old lady in a fur coat is much safer than throwing paint on a biker in a leather jacket.

If god didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them so tasty?

Vegetarian: ancient term for village idiot who cant hunt or fish Smile
Rence54

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
You gotta hand it to PETA - they really know how to rile up the internet!

They might not be all that good at accomplishing much of anything else but damn they know how to piss off the internet. Bravo, says I.

Heh, this is actually kind of profound once i thought about it for a minute. Regardless of HOW they did it, they DID get us all (and i would presume people elsewhere other than on ANN) to talk not just about PETA, or their methods, or their game, but about the core issue itself; which is animal abuse, and how much it sucks.

So, despite how people feel about PETA they did manage to do something positive and thats not really a bad thing. (OH, and their campaign to get hot actresses naked wasn't horrible either)
DomonX2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:39 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Uh, what? Which Pokemon is that again?

And I'm not sure what those videos indicate. If you mean soundtrack, then I disagree. I find the main games to have a much better soundtrack, and the anime just uses music from the games, so I'd say it's better in that department.

Gokazaru(Infernape) is the(well tied with the Swords of Justice) the fastest Fighting Pokemon. BUT, before that Okorizaru(Primeape) was. Satoshi being an idiot, dumped the best Fighting Pokemon, that you can have without trading at the time. Butterfree sucks though. The games are called Anime hyper and Colosseum respectively. These games are popular, but underrated. I disagree with you that the show's music is better. It's awesome yes, but the show's music isn't nearly as dark or intense as the music in the Gamecube games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10