• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:59 pm Reply with quote
BuffaloStyle wrote:
It sounds as though you are either volunteering in Video 3 or you are planning on watching a lot of anime. You know, you could easily lose a lot of time in those video rooms. Time that could definately be put to good use in the Dealer's Room Very Happy . Ah, yes. NDK is just over two months away and my wallet is beginning to burn.

LOL, no, I'm staffing in the room, which means the other badge monkeys can do our bidding, like cleaning up the trash and rearranging the chairs. *grin*

I really like the DR at NDK because USAnime generally goes there. If you get the chance, talk to Vince there. That man is frickin' awesome.
dannavy85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
AX just isn't a party con at all, I'd like to see that change, but who know.

Oh it's a party con, I just didn't see the amount of drunken or wild partying some say is attached to most conventions.

Then again, I don't know if Star Trek qualifies for anything short of anal retention.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:14 pm Reply with quote
dannavy85 wrote:
Quote:
AX just isn't a party con at all, I'd like to see that change, but who know.

Oh it's a party con, I just didn't see the amount of drunken or wild partying some say is attached to most conventions.

Then again, I don't know if Star Trek qualifies for anything short of anal retention.

You actually found good parties? Where?!?!
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
dannavy85 wrote:
I say another 5 years of this and Expo will rival the big Comic Con in San Diego.

I doubt that the Anime Expo will ever be as big as the Comic Con. Atleast not big enough to be a rival of the Comic Con. There are just too many comic book lovers. I like them both and go to both of them, and the Comic Con is just so much bigger and crowded, or seems it. I love comic related things and anime related things. My collection of stuff consists of anime and comic stuff, more comic related stuff though. To figures to dvds. I just think there will always be more comic book lovers then anime lovers. The Anime Expo might get big but never as big as the Comic Con, so that they are called rivals. Though anime is on the rise, comic book stuff has always had a big place in peoples "hearts".Disagree if you want, but thats my opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2