• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Entertainment Announcements at London MCM Expo Including Wolf Children

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:37 am Reply with quote
Sweet. Hopefully they will get deadman wonderland, btooom and usagi drop at some point
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:40 am Reply with quote
Typo: It's "Jormungand"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
andyos
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am Reply with quote
Sorry, fixed.
fathomlessblue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:02 am Reply with quote
This is somewhat disappointing announcement; I was hoping for official licences along the vein of Steins;Gate, Usagi Drop & Un-Go; instead the list mostly consists of anime aimed at 14 year olds with bloodlust. Well, I suppose it is somewhat fitting for Halloween. At any rate, I’d better put my multi-region blu ray to good use and just order the US versions.

Jormungand is a decent pick that should go down well with the Black Lagoon & Cowboy Bebop fan base. Nodame would also be fantastic, but if the likes of Guilty Crown, Blood-C, Fractale & Deadman Wonderland are considered indicative of what the UK fandom is currently buying into, I just can’t see it selling particularly well. That’s really rather depressing!
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
fathomlessblue wrote:
This is somewhat disappointing announcement; I was hoping for official licences along the vein of Steins;Gate, Usagi Drop & Un-Go; instead the list mostly consists of anime aimed at 14 year olds with bloodlust. Well, I suppose it is somewhat fitting for Halloween.

I'm a 19 year old with bloodlust lol. Well, i'm curious to see what they announce tomorrow. I think kaze got Un-Go for the UK already . Very Happy
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
fathomlessblue wrote:
This is somewhat disappointing announcement; I was hoping for official licences along the vein of Steins;Gate, Usagi Drop & Un-Go; instead the list mostly consists of anime aimed at 14 year olds with bloodlust. Well, I suppose it is somewhat fitting for Halloween. At any rate, I’d better put my multi-region blu ray to good use and just order the US versions.

Jormungand is a decent pick that should go down well with the Black Lagoon & Cowboy Bebop fan base. Nodame would also be fantastic, but if the likes of Guilty Crown, Blood-C, Fractale & Deadman Wonderland are considered indicative of what the UK fandom is currently buying into, I just can’t see it selling particularly well. That’s really rather depressing!

Quote:
Andrew Partridge of Kaze UK added that he would like to release Deadman Wonderland and (an 'unrealistic' hope) Nodame Cantabile.

Yeah I totally understand and if what I think will happen with Harmony gold happens then i will be interested to see just what Magan Ent UK/Kaze does.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 pm Reply with quote
A release of Nodame would be absolutely freaking amazing.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
It must be clarified that Andrew only mentioned Nodame Cantabile in response to the ad hoc audience question of what he would wish to see on these shores, actual contingencies notwithstanding. It was not implicit that any efforts were being undertaken by local companies to provide such a release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rob47

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm hopeful for a stein's gate release, even if I can't get in to it I can tell its pretty damn good.

Ill probably buy Wolf Children when it comes out and maybe Hellsing Ultimate if the price is good. Everything else can go jump of a bridge

I asked manga directly about a Bunny Drop release and was rebuffed because it wasn't getting a English dub. Forcing me to buy the pricy US version (its damn good though).
megagold5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I was at this panel. To put it bluntly, no **** was given by the audience for pretty much any of these it seemed, quite sad. Even so, some good announcements I feel.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Wolf Children is a definite buy.
Without Blood+, Blood C is a non starter for me.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 am Reply with quote
Why? it's not related at all.

I can see them doing Psycho Pass in the future, it seems right up there alley.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Why? it's not related at all.
Not continuity wise no, but chronologically + came out before C. I'll probably rent C just to see it, but until + is also available C will remain that way.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote
megagold5 wrote:
Heh, I was at this panel. To put it bluntly, no **** was given by the audience for pretty much any of these it seemed, quite sad.

Not so, not so. A spontaneous, if not instantaneous, round of applause met the announcement of Wolf Children.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ryoga79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah I gotta admit I'm only interested in Jormungand out of all of those. But that's cool cause there's still plenty of region 1 anime for me to get and the Japanese Space Battleship Yamato 2199 sets I'm collecting are awfully expensive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2