• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Quote Guessing Game Round 7~

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Is that...is that Slenderman!?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Next quote:

Character A: Are you nearsighted? What's your eyesight?
Character B: I have 20/10 vision. These are cosmetic glasses.
Character A: Huh? Why d'ya wear cosmetic glasses?
Character B: Because if I don't, I see things that I shouldn't see.
Character A: Don't tell me you mean . . .
Character B: Yes. Behind you right now, [character A].
Key

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
This sounds familiar, but I'm probably going to need a hint to jog my memory. Sad

Anyway, since we've now hit 100 pages, Calathan's quote will be the last one for this thread. I will start a new round once it's answered or time expires on it. errinundra, please start work on this round's final scoring and post it once the active quote is resolved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
...errinundra, please start work on this round's final scoring and post it once the active quote is resolved.

Already done. I'm just waiting for the last answer. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Hint 1: spoiler[Character B can't actually see ghosts. Her next line is to say that she is joking.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Arg, that hint doesn't help me at all because I already knew that! But I can't place the exchange for the life of me...
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Hint 1: spoiler[Character B can't actually see ghosts. Her next line is to say that she is joking.]
Hint 2: spoiler[Character A is easily frightened by scary stories and the like, as evidenced by her reaction to this and her reaction when forced to watch a scary DVD later in the episode.]
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Hint 2: spoiler[Character A is easily frightened by scary stories and the like, as evidenced by her reaction to this and her reaction when forced to watch a scary DVD later in the episode.]
Hint 3: spoiler[This anime stars four high school girls, one of whom is a year younger than the other three.]
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
I've never seen the show, but going off the hints I'll guess that spoiler[A is Yuuko B is Nagisa and the show is A-Channel.]

I know that's not in your My Anime, but I'm not sure how up-to-date you keep it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I've never seen the show, but going off the hints I'll guess that spoiler[A is Yuuko B is Nagisa and the show is A-Channel.]

I know that's not in your My Anime, but I'm not sure how up-to-date you keep it.

That's correct.

Also, I keep my anime list almost completely up to date on everything I've finished, except for a very small number of titles I watched a long time ago and don't remember well enough to assign a rating to (e.g. Giant Robo and Patlabor movie 2), as well as most of the hentai I've seen. However, I don't keep a "seen some" list, and it tends to take me at least a month and often several months or several years to finish a TV series, so there are generally a large number of things I've started and not finished that aren't yet on my anime list.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote
Heh. The only reason that show is relevant in my mind is because it's in a lot sakuga MADs. All you people that have actually seen the show should feel bad. I'll wait until the new thread is made to post my quote.

Quote:
it tends to take me at least a month and often several months or several years to finish a TV series

I find that hard to believe considering you've seen over 1200 shows. How long you've been watching this stuff, Calathan?
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Quote:
it tends to take me at least a month and often several months or several years to finish a TV series

I find that hard to believe considering you've seen over 1200 shows. How long you've been watching this stuff, Calathan?

Well, keep in mind I'm watching lots of shows simultaneously, so while it may take me a month or several months to finish any one of them, I'm finishing a few every month. I also watch every short OAV I can find . . . I've seen about 500 OAVs, many of which were under an hour in length. In a typical month, I might fishing 2 or 3 TV series, but also watch 7 or 8 OAVs and a movie or two. Anyway, to actually answer your question, I've been really actively watching anime since 1999, though I saw a little bit before then.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
So that's what it was. I knew it was something I'd seen not that long ago.

I haven't even finished populating my anime list yet. I've only gotten through the Is so far.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
This thread is now a wrap except for the posting of the final scoring. The new thread will start soon, with KoH being the first up.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Final Scores for Round 7

Mad_Scientist 28
rosebrook11 25
Vaisaga 25
Boomerang Flash 22
4750G 21
Yttrbio 19
Key 18
The King of Harts 12
DuskyPredator 10
errinundra 8
Fifth B 8
Botan24 7
EmbraceMe 7
Raftina 7
the Rancorous 7
Tuor_of_Gondolin 7
egoist 6
Furudanuki 6
murph76 5
Tris8 5
JesuOtaku 4
Stark700 4
504NOSONO2 3
Calathan 3
DerekTheRed 3
Saffire 3
bonbonsrus 2
classicalzawa 2
DavidShallcross 2
SereneChaos 2
victor viper 2
Dorcas_Aurelia 1
Infinite Freedom Machine 1
ManOfRust 1
Spastic Minnow 1
whitetiger956 1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 100 of 101