• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggest your questions for the Shinichiro Watanabe interview

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n2dad4ever

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm Korean, and here's my questions for Mr. Shinichiro:

1. In recent years, many of the popular Japanese Anime TV series have been drawn by Korean animators. What is your view on this collaboration and why? Is your view positive or negative?

2. If positive, are you interested in collaborating with Korean animators for your TV series in the future?

3. Putting Hong Kong background in the Anime series were pervasive in the 80's and 90's because of "Hong Kong noir film" popularity all over East Asia. Now, the "Korean wave" has become extremely popular in Japan. Do any Japanese animators, including yourself, think of putting some Korean cultural background in upcoming Animer series?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sano213

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
How about asking the man if a Champloo movie is in the making?
JimmyT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, you lucky dog. Make sure you represent us well. I don't have any questions that haven't been mentioned except a couple.

1) Since the concept of a re-make is astoundingly popular here in the U.S., what is your opinion of re-makes in general?

2) Is there anything (genre/subject/adaptation) that you WOULDN'T touch out of respect or dislike for the material?

That's all. Give him our regards.
White Reply

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Hi Kazuki-san. I am new to these forums, but I felt compelled to throw in a few questions of my own being the massive Shinichiro Watanabe fan that I am. They are as follows.

1. I heard from a few people high up in Cartoon Network, that they wish to talk to you about a second season of Cowboy Bebop.
I believe that the entire series is a gorgeous, brilliant, swanky ride that should not be in any way altered. They obviously want better ratings more than anything. Now I am a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop, but I wish to confirm with you that these rumors will never come to fruition. Thank you.

2. Is there any chance you could convince Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts to tour in America? (that's a personal one for me, so you don't have to ask it)

Thank you for your time, Kazuki-san and I wish you the best of luck in your interview with Watanabe-san.

~White Reply
seeyouspacecowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:07 pm Reply with quote
hi im new...i hope at least one of these questions are asked...^^;;

1. What films or directors really inspired your way of directing and storyboarding?
2. After working in the industry this long, is there a piece of advice that has stuck with you, and has continued to stick with, and inspire you throughout your career?
3. Numerous people around the world have been inspired by your work and have set aims to work in the industry, however it is a brutal competiton and very difficult to work in Japan. Regardless of race or ethnicity, will the Japanese animation industry hire people from outside of Japan if they have the talent, and the initiative to work?
4. And if there is a oppurtunity for people overseas to work in the industry, is there a piece of advice you would like to give them?
ricardocantu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Can you tell us what happened with Bebop episode 27?

i heard it was just a recap episode made for exporting purposes, but i would like an official explanation (that is, if it even exists)
JimmyT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
It's me again. Sorry. I thought of one more question and that's it for me.

1) How do you go about choreographing those fantastic fight scenes in Bebop and Champloo?
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:22 am Reply with quote
To all of you who have posted questions, I thank you. I will do my best to ask as many of them as possible.

To anyone who is still looking to post a question, you may do so until 12:00 PM Central time today (Friday). After that time, I will be away from ANN until after the interview, so I will not receive questions posted after that time.

Keep a lookout on the front page for the interview to be posted here on ANN. I will do my best to have it ready by Sunday, but it might end up being early next week.

My thanks again to all who have posted questions.
n2dad4ever

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 am Reply with quote
I have another quick question to Mr. Shinichiro:

Are you going to remaster "Samurai Champloo" with 5.1ch audio someday?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RezSav

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
When will the interview be on ANN?
bebopag812

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:59 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I've been checking everyday and nothing yet... Sad haha..seriously though, when will it be ready?
magushun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Im really curious

-what is he planning, what big show? Cowboy Bebop is absolutely my favourit show, all the others r worse, the athmosphere, the music (_incredible_), everything is perfect. Im really curious if he is gonna make sthing big in early future.

-I guess no, but u could tell him, that I WOULD buy the hungarian dvd of bebop and champloo with extras^^
red stranger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:13 pm Reply with quote
n2dad4ever wrote:
I have another quick question to Mr. Shinichiro:

Are you going to remaster "Samurai Champloo" with 5.1ch audio someday?

A bit late to answers this, but the last time I checked, Samurai Champloo already came with both English and Japanese 5.1 ch audio tracks.
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:04 am Reply with quote
FYI to all who check this thread.

The interview was conducted back in Feb. The questions were printed from this thread right before & I went down the list,checking for redundances as best I could, and asked him as many questions as time allowed.

I do know that the interview was transcribed and submitted here to ANN, but there has been no word as to when it will be posted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3