• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Officially Announces Bleach Anime

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow...

I guess ANY annoucement is an excuse to whine about dubs and R1 companies. This isnt a suprise in the least...
Alex K.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Zippydsm wrote:
Alex K.
Make fun of the dub?...so..your saying the VA selection for naruto dosent reek?
besides fakey=hoaky= ITS A WORD!...altho I am one to talk *L*

Yamamaya
UUmmmm Viz AINT 4kids yet,as bad as the VAing for naruto is its still getting a "normal DVD release" altho that wont help the VAING...but oh well.....

Okay...

The VA selection for Naruto does not "reek." Granted, Naruto's voice may be a bit annoying, but it couldn't been worse. MUCH worse.

"Fakey" is not a word. "Hoaky" is a word, but it's spelled with an e, not an a.

Also, how would you expect a DVD release to improve this "VAing" stuff?" If you don't like it, tough. Don't buy it or switch to the Japanese track. It's not as bad as you seem to think, but I doubt you gave it a chance because you're so "uber" with your fansubs.
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:32 pm Reply with quote
stvns_mtthw
thats only half ture its more their not willing to do anythign aobut itmost of the time.

Kouji
Ture very ture buts its all about enforcement the US is not going to say anyhting about fansubs unless the company has more money than to just annoy groups with emails.
I would wager them same could be said for US shows that wind up there.but know the US companies theymight be setup for world wide distro *L*

Alex K.
I watched 5 eps of Naruto overall the VAing is bad....ture it could be worse...but sicne its so off I will skip buying it I still might pick up dvd 1 when ever it comes out ,Inu yasha is better and is on my to get list ^^

Ranma824
awww come on its fun to bash them its so easy Razz

Back to topic I forsee Bleach being VA'd like Inu or FMA so it should be a all around desent DUBB its not going to be rushed or feel like to TV anime...if it dose I would lose all faith in VIZ >>
BTW anyway seen flame of recca dubb?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Alucard27

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, I have mixed feelings about this. Viz is great with manga marketing, but they totally botched Inuyasha's anime marketing. I know they're trying to maximize revenue by releasing the DVDs 3 episodes at a time, but ADV proved that releasing less episodes onto more DVDs isn't necessarily the best way to do it (see Gantz).

I just hope that Bleach is not released 3 episodes at a time. That is not good for me and my wallet.
Zippydsm
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Alucard27
THey should refocus thier priceing 6 eps a DVD at no more than 30 for the frist year and box sets should be nomore than 100 for a 26 ep show and no more than 200 for a 100+ ep show.....altho it could be worse 2 eps at 50 ><
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Nionel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
Akira112 wrote:
So when will Bleach be released in the U.S.?

This is just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking we'll see a time table similar to how Naruto was released last year, we'll probably see the TV series start airing sometime in late '06 with DVD releases starting up sometime in '07
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing that it will start airing soon after Inu Yasha finishes. The timing seems right to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12