• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mark of the Succubus

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuteyHoney

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:46 am Reply with quote
Mark of the Succubus is an awesome new ameri manga. I loved reading the first volume. I am still waiting patiently for the next. However, the is absolutley no information on Anime News Network about it. I was shocked. It's a TOKYOPOP title! How is it that it isn't here?
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
It's because Anime News Network focuses primarily on anime. Since anime and Japanese comics are very closely related to one another, we have a manga database. But there are thousands of other comics that look like manga around the world from China, Taiwan, Germany, France, England, the United States, and probably even Latvia; ANN simply doesn't have anough time to keep track of them all. Heck, the encyclopedia doesn't even list all of the Japanese comics that have come out.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
Heck, the encyclopedia doesn't even list all of the Japanese comics that have come out.

I should say, I sent them imformation for one about four months ago and it's still not up yet.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
We have ~600 manga titles pending. Furthermore, this is Anime News Network, so my personal preference of priorities follow:

1. Manga adapted to/from anime.
2. Manga from manga-ka whose other manga title(s) have been adapted to/from anime.
3. Manga from manga-ka whose works are well known and are already in the Encyclopedia.
4. Manga which have found their way to North America.
5. Excellent titles from rookies (their first tankoubon). This criteria is rather subjective.
6. Average titles with manga-ka who has drawn few, if any, other titles, and none of his/her other works (if any) has been included in the Encyclopedia yet.

Therefore, Mark of the Succubus ranks level 4-6 on my list. I don't know how other Encyclopedists make their priority lists, but I can assure you that we all have other commitments to take care of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
We have ~600 manga titles pending.

Thank you dormcat. That explains A LOT Shocked I would hate to think how many anime titles you have pending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1