• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vertical Offers Twin Spica, Drops of God, 7 Billion Needles E-Books

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsilver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Vertical is finally going digital!

I'm at a point where space is at a premium, so physical books has been the largest barrier to entry. I already picked up the print run of Twin Spica (and vol. 1 of Drops of God) but 7 Billion Needles definitely sounds interesting, and I plan on picking it up once available digitally. I'll probably pick up more of Drops of God as well.
charpkun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:12 am Reply with quote
Hope there will be series bundles for this, but this is good news indeed. Underrated gems like twin spica should live on in digital if the print run is not sustainable. Recent interest in space brothers should make the sale of these books complimentary
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:11 am Reply with quote
Glad to hear this. I was sad when @vertical_ed said Twin Spica would likely go out of print… I read the first volume and while I liked it, I didn't think I would stick with it for 7 volumes at $10 each (that's not bad, I just have a lot of other manga higher on the priority list, including The Drops of God). At $3 a pop, I can totally see myself getting back in.

Also, very happy that it's iPad-compatible (all three formats actually). The reason I didn't join JManga, despite them having lots of titles I was interested in, is that they weren't on iPad, and I knew I'd never sit at the computer to read manga. So, nice job, Vertical. Thanks.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
This is fantastic news for people who missed out the first time around!

I still have nothing to really read digitally on, but I know others do and I feel like Twin Spica might do better outside of the mangasphere, oddly enough. But now I can also go on recommending this series to people on every street corner knowing that they can at least get it digitally!

@invalidname
V 1-6 contained one Japanese volume, 7-10 containted 1.5, and 11-12 contained 2. 1-10 were $11 each, and the last two were 14 each. So you would've gotten more manga for your money on most of them. But yeah, I definitely understand wanting to buy other things, definitely hope you get the digital releases here!
katscradle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I was bad about picking up Drops of God in print (sorry Vertical). There was even an article on it in a wine magazine I get. I haven't bought the French volumes I was looking at either though. Somehow being available as an e-book makes me more likely to finally pick up what I'm missing though. And other series too I'm sure.
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I've been hoping for this.

I've never bought emanga for Nook software. I use both it and Kindle for ebooks though. Does anyone have a preference for either for manga? Does one offer an advantage over the other? Like zoom?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1