• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Only two more eppies left. Sadness.

Indeed. I'm going to be missing this series every Friday after next week. Well, the latest episode was pretty well done in terms of my fighting imo so not disappointed here.

Otherwise, I'm hoping the finale will be a good fight to the finish.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 175/Finale
It's over! No more Fairy Tail on Fridays! *moment of silence*

Okay but seriously, I'm going to miss this show for awhile. The fight was okay I guess..a bit one sided. Oh and that hooded person looks suspicious at the end. Speaking of which, I don't think this is the end of the entire series because after the episode..

spoiler[TO BE CONTINUED]

It's been a great 3 years. I'm scoring FT as very good. It had its ups and downs but I gladly enjoyed this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
@Stark700 I have a friend that reads the manga and I asked him how close (in progress, not detail) to the manga the anime was and he said the manga is very far ahead of this.

I will definitely miss watching this. I rated this Very Good the last time I thought it was ending and I left the rating because I find it accurate. That fight was extremely rushed, but they did their best at coming to some sort of closure for the moment.

I really hope this isn't cancelled for good and is just going on a hiatus.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@Stark700 I have a friend that reads the manga and I asked him how close (in progress, not detail) to the manga the anime was and he said the manga is very far ahead of this.

It is because I also read it. It's not far ahead as in would take 50 or so episodes to catch up but ya.

Well, related in anime terms, that obviously was a big cliffhanger. If this series ever resumes again, it might take awhile.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I just went and looked at the manga. So the anime ends at the end of chapter 297. The last episode was 2 chapters. The manga is currently on chapter 325. Quick estimates would suggest that the anime is 14 episodes behind the manga. That seems too close for comfort, so it is a hiatus due to running out of source material for the moment, right?

I'm not sure how frequently manga chapters are released, so I can't accurately figure how many episode it would take to actually catch up.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
^

Likely and I heard the ratings for the series aren't doing that well. Of course, they could extend some of the chapters like they did with Kagura's fight from the anime.

Otherwise, it's safe the say that the series will be hiatus for quite awhile.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
I don't know what sort of rating that would be referring to; ANN has it averaging Good to Very Good. TV.com shows it pulling in an 8.7. It is the #28th most popular on MAL. I can't find a viewer count though; I'd expect it to be doing pretty well there.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote
well they are speaking of tv rating but i don't think those matter too much. i believe other factors come into play like merchandise sales.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:20 am Reply with quote
Wouldn't that be hard to determine since a person may buy said merchandise because of the manga/anime interchangeably?
ikki_king

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:24 am Reply with quote
i cant belive its over, for 3 years I've woken up on a saturday morning and watched fairy tail whilest eating my cereal and now its gone Sad this is a very sad moment

also spoiler[which horrible person scarred levys face >.<]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote
Considering there is still a day to go in the Magic Games, they actually didn't choose too bad of a place to stop. I wonder how long the hiatus is going to be? And then I'm still not convinced that the TO BE CONTINUED necessarily means that the show is going to restart and continue on for a ton of episodes, either. There are no guarantees in Anime World.

I hope it gets at least 25 more TV episodes because I've never watched an anime TV title that consisted of 200+ eppies. In fact, FT is the only title I've watched that's made up of 100+ eppies.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
Natsuspoiler[ vs Twin Dragons]!
He sure was pretty impressive this time.
It was just awesome watching them fight.
The best parts were when they used their amazing dragon slayer powers.
Short info flashbacks were a nice addition.
spoiler[Natsu's power sure showed them who's boss] ^^
Fairy Tail spoiler[finally took the lead]!
The ending left me kinda confused. It's weird that they didn't let us spoiler[see the end of grand magic games.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 175

*clicks series as seen all* Well quite the episode, largely Natsu spoiler[kicking Sting and Rogue's buts, even using beating their ultimate duo attack with his own attack], which was awesome and probably should have been used in the Fairy Tail Movie. Lots of flashbacks too as we see the feelings that go into this fight, and we finish really happy with music and such.

But with several minutes to spare after the ED, and what follows was what must be a huge tease. The music despite the happy situation is dark: Gajeel spoiler[finds a dragon graveyard]. spoiler[Yukino got involved in the plot that plans to use celestial spirit mages]. We see the Levy spoiler[that has been narrating for a while, she looks to be in a very sad state, seeming to imply her Gajeel and possibly Natsu are dead]. And Jellal spoiler[confronts the hooded figure, and whoever it is shocks him so much and then "TO BE CONTINUED!"]. I wish I did not accidentally find out who it was by randomly going on a character's bio in Fairy Tail wiki, although the anticipation would probably drive me insane.

I rated this series as Excellent a while, and my opinion has not changed to decide to change it, this is my favourite long running anime. 3 years of this show, and thinking a little it has to be the longest episode wise for two of my favourite seiyuu; Rie Kugimiya and Aya Hirano. 175 episodes, 4 OVAs, and a movie, and still I want more, there is no guarantee this will be back, but fingers crossed.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail x Rave OVA:

It was actually enjoyable for me. Reason being is that I haven't finished Rave Master yet but it was refreshing to see spoiler[Haru] and the others once again. (damn I need to finish it now this year or someday...)

Regarding the episode itself, I found it kinda funny the guys and girls interacted in particular spoiler[Lucy/Elli]. The battles were mediocre I guess, wasn't expecting much..

OST was nice too. Shame this was only one episode long but I'm hoping for more of these cross overs in the future!
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Well there is going to be another season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 57