• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Scientific Railgun (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Key wrote:
unless there is some aspect of this that is specifically relevant to Railgun.

There is. As we've been talking about, this season will involve a heavy Touma presence.

That's because tomua has a bigger role to play to play, still the main focus will be through misaka's eyes not his.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I just hope Railgun SS will be adapted well for the upcoming Spring season. I've talked to some other people before and what are also looking forward to.

One thing I want to see is more level 5 espers. That's for sure. I'm also uncertain if a preview video is out yet for Railgun SS since I haven't found one. Some of the visuals looks nice though.

Regarding Touma, if he will be involved more, it will likely be spoiler[against Accelerator in.] in a re adaptation from Index. Since the series will focus on the Sisters' Arc, it will likely happen although it may seem a bit repetitive. Otherwise, I'm very curious on how this will be adapted soon especially with some new characters later on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me if this isn't the best forum choice for asking, but I would like to hear if anyone has received the Funimation Railgun release yet. Thanks to TRSI's extremely timely shipping I got it over the weekend and started watching it tonight. I really love the show, but my enthusiasm is hindered due to the fact that it is just a dvd release, and what I feel is not the best looking one at that. I do not want this to turn into a Funi bashing session, that's not the goal here. I want to know if what is presented is really a good dvd release. Just looking at it, one wonders.

And when it comes down to it, I understand it's not Funi's fault they cannot put out a proper blu-ray version. I understand what is probably the reasons all too well, with licensing agreements and reverse importing concerns and all those old, tired arguments and explanations.

The bottom line is that a show this recent shouldn't look the way it does on the dvd I am watching here in April 2013.

*sigh*
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:10 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
First episode of Railgun S is out!

OMG! spoiler[Team ITEM in the op!
And the Queen's make her appearance in the 1st episode! Woohoo!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised that spoiler[Queen/Misaki] is introduced this early but otherwise, pretty good start so far.

That song is definitely catchy although a bit spoilerish. Oh and Misaka HAS COME BACK. Nice. The show is back in full force and I can't wait to see the direction this show is heading into. I hope the spoiler[Sister's Arc will be adapted well with Accelerator, Misaki, and other level 5's.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Damn, that first episode was so awesome. It perfectly encapsulated what Railgun is all about.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I was also quite surprised they included the scene with spoiler[Misaki] since it didn't happen in the manga until after the Sisters arc. I wonder if she's going to have a role in things now.

Other than that the whole episode was filler but I expected as much to re-establish the cast.

That opening, though... spoiler[Is is just being misleading or is Kuroko and Touma going to help Mikoto fight Team ITEM now?]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote
An explosively good first episode for this sequel. And Kuroko immediately reminds me why no one but Satomi Arai can voice her. No one, in any language.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote
the first season has better songs. haha
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

Yes! Railgun is back, and it showed what it had kind of like the first season's first episode. Start off with the girls hanging out, then throw in some tension and then Misaka shows what she has. While first season had her take on a truck, this time she spoiler[took on a helicopter]. I missed Misaka, with how she gets told off for going overboard, but Kuroko could not say no about going along with Misaka's crazy plan, no question if it would work or not.

Looks like a lot to look forward to. With this queen introduced we have at least three level 5s, being able to control people seems to be perfect way to create an evil character, easy to hate. A new bad group, which looks to be the initial plot of this season. And we will get into the Sisters arc, we already had what appeared to be Misaka remembering being in a lab as a kid for foreshadowing, and the ED/OP had our favourite white haired ESper.

Totally forgot who Haruue was at first, had to check who she was after pausing. Also thought it was interesting that Kuroko's seiyu, Satomi Arai, kind of did a narrator thing, not sure if she did it last season, but here it reminded me of her role in Ookami-san, I really enjoy her voice work.
Clarste

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:46 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
With this queen introduced we have at least three level 5s, being able to control people seems to be perfect way to create an evil character, easy to hate.

Oddly enough, I think the part of her character that works best is that despite being an all-powerful esper with a frankly terrifying ability, the way it works in the context of the show she's more like your standard female school bully. She's not doing cruel experiments on children or... cruel experiments on children or... any of the other things that form the basis of any evil plot in Academy City (come to think of it, isn't the entire city a cruel experiment on children?). She's just bullying. So she occupies a lesser tier of evil that's aligned more with the "schoolgirls" part of "schoolgirls with superpowers".

But still terrifying.
Noctis313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
nice first epi!
touma and accelarator wil show up! Smile
looking forward to a most action-oriented second season
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 72