• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dir en Grey Anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
straydog16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:04 am Reply with quote
Anybody want to help me? I work for a TV station that is thinking about making a short story about Dir en Grey's success in the U.S., but I need to know the names of the anime they have done songs for and what networks they were on.

I searched, but I am not very up-to-date on popular anime, so I'm not sure if what I thought were series titles actually were.

I need the English and Japanese names of these series.

Thanks!
Very Happy
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Thing is, that program is going to be really short. They've only done one anime theme song that I know of (Baki the Grappler, and they didn't even record a new song for it, they just used a pre-existing one), and they really haven't had any success in the US to speak of. They're still merely known through the word-of-mouth of a handful of obnoxiously obsessive fangirls and have only made a few small US rounds in touring. The biggest thing they've done in this country is open for Family Values, and even Korn's Jonathan Davis, who brought them aboard for the tour, mostly just knows them as "this wicked Japanese band."

Last edited by Nagisa on Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
straydog16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.08/posts.html?pg=2

In spite of not being HUGE in the States, I'd say selling out 2,200 seats in 36 hours is pretty good. And that's without any albums released here or any major promotional campaign.

Yes, it would be a very short TV segment, but it's something we might be interested in putting on a news show.

Also, can you get me the Japanese name of the show you were referring to?

Thanks!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:42 pm Reply with quote
straydog16 wrote:
In spite of not being HUGE in the States, I'd say selling out 2,200 seats in 36 hours is pretty good. And that's without any albums released here or any major promotional campaign.

A club just down the street does that with obscure German industrial groups on a regular basis, too. They're not "huge" in the States, and they're not even "moderately sizable." I'm not saying don't do the report, but unless you downplay the American side of things and just hype their success in Japan, you're not going to have anything to really report on at all beyond Family Values.

straydog16 wrote:
Also, can you get me the Japanese name of the show you were referring to?

No offense, but the Encyclopedia is barely two inches to your left. Sorry to sound snippy, but that is what we have it for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1