• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about the Eat Man manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rage-demon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone knew if there are more then 2 volumes of Eat Man? Or was it a manga that failed and was discontinued? I'm mainly wondering because volume 2 ends as "to be continued" and it didn't seem like any kind of ending to me. Any info would be appreciated. TIA Anime smile
DiscoBuba

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:38 pm Reply with quote
As a collector of the comic books, I can say that Vol. 2 is the end. The graphic novels are just a collection of the first and second "course" manga's respectively. I know Viz hasn't had much if any info about this series for a while.

I've tried looking up what happened to the author and if there were any more Eat-Man stories but never found any, nor have I found if the manga-ka has done something more recent. Crying or Very sad

I'm guessin the manga was just stopped right there as the back-story line, what little there was, progressed very slowly and maybe alot of people got bored and disinterested. Not really sure exactly, but some anime based off the manga was made. I've never seen it but I think there are two versions or two seasons, with the newest (or later) one being the better. Eat-Man 98 IIRC, which can be found on DVD.
DiscoBuba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:13 am Reply with quote
I should have done a good google search before but I was a little busy.
Update:I found this page http://members.tripod.com/Boukenya/index.html and this one .http://www.geocities.com/boruto_kuranko/eatman/index.htmlneither of which has been updated in awhile but the first one says there are up to 11 Volumes in Japan as of 4/11/00! But I doubt you'll ever see domestic releases of them, probaly not enough demand.
rage-demon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:45 pm Reply with quote
ah ha! i knew there had to be more of this manga. Thanks for the info. Now how to get it released here in the US... Anyone want to join me in emailing Viz to try and get the rest of it released? Anime smile

And by email, i mean to polietly ask/request/question them, DO NOT SPAM THEM!!!

By the way, i have seen the Eat Man 98 anime (i know nothing about a second anime even existing). But it wasn't all that bad. The only story i saw in both the anime and manga was the one with the girl whos blood turned into an elixir of eternal youth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1