• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mars is finally done!...or is it?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:10 pm Reply with quote
So, I just finished reading Mars v.15, and I must say I'm happy the series is finished. (I think it could have ended about 5 volumes sooner, but, I still liked it! Smile) The ending was a bit...corny, but I guess it was a very "Mars-like" ending. However at the very end there is an ad for a bonus volume coming in June.

Mars Gaiden: A Horse With No Name. Rei and Kira's adventures continue... The series just won't end...! Laughing
Mou Kaoru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:45 pm Reply with quote
*rushes like a mad bull to the bookstore* Twisted Evil

Must...finish...reading...
MARS is a great shoujo manga and I'm glad to hear that it's not over yet! Yeehaw! Anime hyper

Ja!
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Considering it wasn't due out until the 11th (I think, I was really surprised to find it on the shelf. I found it at Waldenbooks. I have been really pleased with the manga selections there! Usually the titles I can't find at B&N will be at Waldenbooks. Go figure!
Mreow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:34 am Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Mars Gaiden: A Horse With No Name. Rei and Kira's adventures continue... The series just won't end...! :lol:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mars Gaiden a prequel to Mars? As far as I know it's the story of how Rei and Tetsuya met.

(_//=^_^=\\_)

Mreow
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Mreow wrote:
lianncoop wrote:
Mars Gaiden: A Horse With No Name. Rei and Kira's adventures continue... The series just won't end...! Laughing
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Mars Gaiden a prequel to Mars? As far as I know it's the story of how Rei and Tetsuya met.

(_//=Anime smile=\\_)

Mreow

I just copied exactly what the "ad" said. And it said that "their adventures continue." I'm no Mars expert, though...

*Ahh yes...I just looked it up. Mars Gaiden: it's a 3 chapter volume...the first volume (A Horse with no Name) being a prequel taking place a year before "Mars." The other 2 chapters are just 2 other Fuyumi Soryo stories not relating to Mars.

The ad only lists "A Horse With No Name." Yeah, you're probably right that it's a prequel...not a continuation as it implies. Unless they do something really funky with it...
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:27 pm Reply with quote
The author should've just went straight from book 10-12 and 13-15 while omitting all the filler in volumes 11 and 14. And the ending feels tacked on. The author should've at least tied up loose ends like Rei and Kira finding jobs and Kira graduating. Anyway, forget Matrix 3, cus I feel that Mars has a weaker open-ended conclusion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1