• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga for Book Reports?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
space clam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I meant to say "me" when I mentioned punishment a lá "The Giver." You see, it would have been funny, since you too have read the book.(Another example of my imprecise language. "I want my smack.")

[quote=littlegreenwolf]Just repeating what you have said earlier...is not going to add to your argument[/quote]

[quote=littlegreenwolf]I'm just going to continue to point out...[/quote]

Slight message conflict, but that's fine. I agree with you that manga and novels are different. (That's why they're not grouped together at a library) I'm not on a revolutionary crusade to seamlessly blend novels with manga. Novels will always be superior to manga. My point was that SOME manga is capable of intelligent analysis comparable to SOME novels. With that, the defense rest its case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Well it's about time. Just remember next time that manga is no different then movies and other forms of media entertainment, intelligent plot or not, when next time you plan on picking a book for a report. Wink
Kanna no Mai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:19 pm Reply with quote
You all keep forgetting that it also depends on the teacher. Some teachers might accept a manga for a book report while some don't (and give you a big F.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3