• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ADV Manga That's Started Again

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Also, wasn't Maburaho only two volumes anyways? Perhaps ADV was thinking "might as well finish it, since there's only one volume left for it." Yes, this can apply to other series too, I know. But hey, they finally wrapped up one of their discontinued series, right? Razz

& like Richard J. said, the Maburaho solicitation was actually true after all.

I'll also remain skeptical until another site or two solicits it. But with that Maburaho solicitation becoming true, that tiny ray of hope I had just became a tad bigger. Razz
Torhu_San

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:01 am Reply with quote
Hahahahaha I will laugh if it is true. Don't get me wrong, I will be very happy to see more Gunslinger Girl in English, but I just got Japanese volumes 4-7 in the mail like last week. I was waiting on the company I got them from to send me the translations, but now it seems like I won't need them. It'll be the first series I have to have both the Japanese and English versions.
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quote
As long as more Yotsuba&! comes out, I'll be happy.
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Well, there should be a new Diamond Previews catalog out in a couple weeks that'll cover June-shipping product, so if that next Gunslinger Girl is in there, that's about as official as it gets.

The new Previews came out yesterday and there is NOT a new Gunslinger Girl in there. There IS a new volume of NGE: Angelic Days, but the rest is just "offered again" versions of older product.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
Their recent anime list for June titles was horribly off. It had a number of titles that weren't even from June, ranging from late May to early September and was missing a number of titles known to be coming out in June. If their manga Preview is of the same quality, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'd really like to see Gunslinger Girl start up again, but until I see it on TRSI or in store shelves, I'm considering it as still being cancelled/indefinite hiatus.
jgreen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Their recent anime list for June titles was horribly off. It had a number of titles that weren't even from June, ranging from late May to early September and was missing a number of titles known to be coming out in June. If their manga Preview is of the same quality, that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

We're talking about the same thing, right? What I'm talking about, Previews, is the catalog that comic shops use to order from. They do carry anime, yes, but they are primarily a comics catalog so their anime section always has massive holes in it.

How Previews works is that the companies themselves solicit their material in there, and each catalog is for items shipping two months from the publication date. The catalog that just came out is the April catalog, which covers product that, according to its publisher, is shipping in June. So if ADV plans on shipping a volume of Gunslinger Girl in June, they would have solicited it this month, otherwise comic shops won't get it in June. It's all on the PUBLISHER to determine what goes in there, and them not soliciting it for June is basically a guarantee it won't see the light of day during that month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
On their manga web site I didn't see any links to Maburaho or Sugar so did ADV stop prinitng those?
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote
The reason why they're not on the site is because they haven't updated their manga website in ages. They should still be out there.

Though I don't often (if at all) see any A Little Snow Fairy Sugar whenever I go looking for manga, though.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even know the Sugar manga was out in english. I just saw vol 3 on the new release shelf at Borders. I thought the Maburaho manga came out over a year ago so I find it wierd ADV still hasn't updated their manga page. Also what anime is your avatar from Buster Blader?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Ichigo77 wrote:
On their manga web site I didn't see any links to Maburaho or Sugar so did ADV stop prinitng those?

They stopped updating their site several months before they stopped publishing most of their manga. Going by their "Latest Updates" it was last updated on 9-24-2004. So they haven't updated it in over two years and it is utterly useless.
Unknown Memory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad Bring back R2, ADV! Bring it baaaaaaack!

I've already lost my faith in ADV awhile back. If only they did finish a lot of their discontinued projects. *begins to grumble*
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Finally some news! The new Previews catalog is out (the catalog that all comic shops use to order their books) and it contains the following items, all scheduled to ship in July....

- Yotsuba&! Vol. 4
- Gunslinger Girl Vol. 4
- Cromartie High School Vol. 11

About time!
smoochy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Yotsuba!!! Yes! I've been waiting for another volume of this for forever!

Cromartie never stopped, I've been buying that consistently since it first got licensed.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
smoochy wrote:
Cromartie never stopped, I've been buying that consistently since it first got licensed.

Well, jgreen just gave the list of what is coming out, not all of what has been on haitus for a long time and is just now coming out again.

But it's great to see Yotsuba&! back in rotation. Hopefully Azuma wraps it up in a fitting manner and not too far of in the future, because I wouldn't want ADV to suddenly pull the rug out from under us again.
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Right, I was just listing everything new they were offering. The only other items that ADV manga has listed are the 4 volumes of Anne Freaks, which have already been released but they're just spotlighting to get reorders on. I've got the first volume of that sitting on my bookshelf, I really should read it sooner or later....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5