• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Violence Jack DVD / Blu-ray release?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiro94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I am a really big fan of The Violence Jack Ova's. I watched all of them on YouTube and would like to purchase a legit home release of it(That's not on Vhs) Does anyone know if Japan has ever released the Ova's on dvd or bluray? As we all know there is currently no North American Release for dvd or bluray.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
To my knowledge, Manga Entertainment's UK branch has released the series in an edited format on Region 2 DVD. If you have no problem with watching it in another language, the uncut version of the series was released over in Italy on DVD. Beyond that, I'm unaware of any official release of the series that would be unedited on DVD outside of Japan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
I own an uncut DVD copy from a company called Manga Anime Comics. Both the menu and the back of the case claim to have English dubbing but when I click on that it plays in Japanese with no subtitles. It does have an English subtitle option. The subs are really badly timed so I suspect it is a bootleg.

I got the impression from the review on the Anime World Order podcast that the Italian release might have English subs but it's a while since I heard the podcast and I may be wrong.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
OldCharlieStoletheHandle wrote:
I suspect it is a bootleg.

The company name didn't give you a clue? ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Hiro94 wrote:
I am a really big fan of The Violence Jack Ova's. I watched all of them on YouTube and would like to purchase a legit home release of it(That's not on Vhs) Does anyone know if Japan has ever released the Ova's on dvd or bluray?

Amazon Japan still has the Violence Jack: Harem Bomber R2J DVD.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00005HZCI/

It seems that the R2J DVDs of Violence Jack: Evil Town and Violence Jack: Hell's Wind are out of print now.
Some people sell them at Amazon Japan Marketplace, though.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00005LMSP/
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00005LMSN/

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1