• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the price of manga in your area?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trigunner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I buy them for about 100 yen each, but then again, I'm in Japan right now.

Back in the States, I think the average price was around $12 per volume. At least where I lived.

Quote:
$8-10 if it's from something like B & N. However, the local comic shop guy is really cool and will sell manga to my freakish buddies and I for about $2.

wow, I'd love to be you. Or maybe not....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
space clam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:21 am Reply with quote
No, I don't think you really want to be like me. The guy is almost exactly like the comic shop guy from "The Simpsons," except "he takes pity on us since we'd be lucky if a girl ever even smiles in our general direction." His exact words.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Concrete Donkey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quote
The closest place I can reliably get manga is from London, England. Prices tend to be around £6.99 (which is $11.84 in US funds) for American imports and between £3 to 36 ($5 - $10) for japaneese imports. translated prices work out even cheaper when you take into account that no sales tax is added. Otherwise, Amazon.co.uk tend to be a little cheaper
tord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:20 am Reply with quote
About 110 SEK. With other words: About 15$.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3