• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recently, my sister is unusual. (TV)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 10

Am I the only one who had their attention really grabbed by a background event at 11:50? There appears to be spoiler[a little girl who looks just like Hiyori, including a big pink bow on her head]. This is right before we see the spoiler[little girl with her mother that appear in the OP].

And not only that there was an angel in the advertisement that looked a lot like Hiyori.
Quote:
Mitsuki really is quite sensitive.

I think she deals with this situation much better than I ever could have. In many ways this story is a non-consensual BDSM fantasy and Mitsuki is almost a perfect bottom. She has become emotionally dependent on her tormentor.

So basically it's a result of Stockholm syndrome? It's bloody Diabolik lovers all over again Rolling Eyes
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ep.11

spoiler[step-sister & ghost girl went in market area go play raffle ball got grand prize for hot spring inn trip with brother.

oops got more ticket so invite everyone else give hot spring & dinner having yet give step-sister saw brother & yukina on same bath?!

give mistake slip that brother is explain yet give usual hum then yukina visit with step-sister as well to explain & oh take the snack treat of step-sister cause also want brother as well. ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 11.

I guess we can all be grateful that for whatever reason this broadcast isn't being censored. If it had we would have had to stare at a white-out screen for about 6 minutes. Now that's how you do a hot-springs episode.

Also, I much appreciate characters that, when confronted by nudity don't go completely non-functional even if they are feeling awkward. The joke has been overplayed far too much.

Is it just me or is Hiyori seeming to be losing influence over Mitsuki? She was barely a player this episode and although Mitsuki was diffident (as she always is) she at least kept the reins of herself.

And it would seem that Neko-san spoiler[either doesn't see Hiyori after all or chooses to ignore her presence.] I wonder which.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Next episode is the last, the title of it heavily implies it too, but it also meant that all of the different characters in the preview were voiced by someone different. I have really enjoyed those parts of the preview.

Onto this episodes itself. Because lord knows we need more onsen episodes. A little mean in a way with what Yukina did, spoiler[stealing food delicious snacks given by their Onii-chan] is unforgivable, but she was trying to spoiler[say they are equals and both can try and go after him]. I did like the walk spoiler[in with the real brother and sister], knew it was coming.

A thought crossed my mind while watching the episode, I have three younger siblings, sometimes I wish I had an older sibling who looked after me like I have looked after mine. Ignore anyone posting on here claiming they are my brother on the topic of "looking after".

I think I am ready for this show to end, it has mostly been a disappointment in not meeting my expectations. And they gave barely any time to the best character, Neko. I read in a bio somewhere that apparently she likes spoiler[the occult, and so she is always reading about it], but that topic has not popped up in the series before. Yui Ogura is a favourite voice actress for some of her roles, especially imouto related, but even has Hiyori something is not to my liking. Anyway, full review next week.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
ep.12

spoiler[neko ask the brother how he feel about his step-sister & also yukina give did something to him.

cause by morning the brother is being way different cause neko put him on a hypno spell being honest saying & got a fever as well.

so after going with that time to head back home step-sister telling yukina she got it handle yet same yukina reveal she can she ghost girl as well.

cause yukina had some kind family relate to see ghost yet keep it quiet whole time so it all ok sorts & brother knock in tell step-sister get rid of those "tights".

with that ta-da steps of gate heaven fill ghost girl had to go yet look everything back to normal but ghost girl came back to step-sister cause she only enter 2nd floor & more to come again.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

See, Neko was the best character in the series and it took this long for it to show. Must admit spoiler[being honest moments are good], but we did not get as much as I would hope.

And that wasspoiler[ Erabe level god trolling] at the end with spoiler[there being a second floor]. I would have liked a spoiler[short definitive end], but on the other hand it did not spoiler[feel emotional enough for a full goodbye with Hiyori], what with never learning who she really is. It would be sweet the idea that Mitsuki might spoiler[name her daughter Hiyori]. But on the really off chance they get another season they have to reveal more, and not just behind censors, but the characters, more Neko!

And a rating for the series, I give it Decent. I never really felt that into how the core idea was used, all the embarrassment, in general the situation felt a little unjustified. Characters were not really done that interestingly, we had seen their types many times and it was not earning any witty parody points. It did have its moments that did not make it a waste of time, some quite hot moments that unfortunately were weakened by censors, but a nice sort of meta joke at one point. And there was some actual emotional caring stuff in there about Mitsuki, although it did not get the level it should have it was nice. And Mitsuki and Hiyori did have some nice friendship moments, like a weird version of Yugi and the pharaoh.

The OP was nicely catchy, I am quite fond of the part of each character holding the chastity belt, especially the friend having it on his head while striking a pose. The ED was super cutesy, being sung by Yui Ogura, being sung just by her reminds me of Sweet Berry Love which was Henneko's ED. And I guess the animation was nice too, nothing special buy nice.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
^^ what he said.

Early on I had no expectations of this anime making any sense and it failed to meet them.

The whole project seemed to be driven but the following ideas they wanted to draw:

Mitsuki in a chastity belt.
Mitsuki exposed.
Mitsuki humiliated.
Mitsuki raped.
Mitsuki enjoys it all at the end because it is her true nature.
We pretend we are just doing it to satirize sim games.

Well I guess this one isn't going to win any gender equality awards.

Most apropos line of the entire 12 episodes:spoiler[ "Well that was anticlimactic."]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I fail to see how Neko was the best character. very boring, static character who did almost nothing the whole show. then again, the bar was pretty low in this show

anyways, show's over, wont be missing it. So-So
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
OVA

Was surprisingly mild, except for some spoiler[bear panties, and I guess that one imagine spot about a hotel.] Funnily enough I took notice of that spoiler["guy" sounding like a girl and thought that there might be a reveal that he is a she], did not expect it actually to be right. I guess the spoiler[subtitles saying "he" could be a throw off].
Lee Xing Ha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Early on I had no expectations of this anime making any sense and it failed to meet them.

The whole project seemed to be driven but the following ideas they wanted to draw:

Mitsuki in a chastity belt.
Mitsuki exposed.
Mitsuki humiliated.
Mitsuki raped.
Mitsuki enjoys it all at the end because it is her true nature.

sorry for this 2016 post. i only want to express my thought

i dont really appreciate "lewd"-type fanservice on "suppose-to-be-cute" character (Mitsuki)... im enjoying the scenes which makes Mitsuki cute as ever but feeling disappointed when she becomes again defiled.

and to the story, this would be good if the story progression is just like with Totadora rather than just daily living of lewdness or fanservice. also lacks development to Hyori not to mention the cliche "amnesia" stuff and the male lead forgetting some childhood friends where in fact he could still remember them maybe not by name anymore but by face. he seen hyori but it appears to be unfamiliar face for him yet he has a sickly childhood neighbor. for the sake of concealing the "revelation", they made this into something i call stu***. can they not make a better idea of this? they r not making any sense

about Mitsuki liking the **g*sm, knowing her characteristic/personality, she would hate this or more to say resist seriously. but for the sake of fanservice for our male audience, Mitsuki is used for the fanservice. if one time Mitsuki has to like the *as*u***t**n, they should at least undergo this in a proper process of development

about Neko, i wonder if she is the one Yuuya pertaining to about a friend whos cheerful then become so quiet

im fine with the TST but theres no need for the censorship as really nothing being seen. moreover, considering Mitsuki, Mitsuki will probably start to wear a bloomer or a panty huge enough to cover the TST to lessen its obviousness. but again for the sake of lewd fanservice, they become lame. when they r trying hard to make a fanservice for our male audience, they dont care whether if it fits to the personality of the character. lets say, Mitsuki had started to wear bloomers underneath her skirt then it gives the producer of this anime 0% chance for their lewd fanservice. there should be other way! Mitsuki is very very very very cute and they should primarily focus on this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7