• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magica Wars (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote

Magica Wars

Genres: action, magic, tournament
Themes: magical girls

Episode 1:
Lol, that was silly in some ways. spoiler[The bird caught my attention more than the girl but still, she got arrested at the end] ;.;. Oh and this turned out to be a 4 minute show but is actually a 2 cour. There was also an OP song so actual animation was shorter. I think it made its point though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:56 am Reply with quote
I'm really digging this show right now. It's sad that I find out to be a 4-minute series but since it actually presents the concept very well so far, I'm interested to see how Gainax will test its waters before making more of it. I had a fair share of learning about the universe outside of the anime (it spawned two mobile games and a PS Vita game) and I'm currently working on a Wikia dedicated to this mediamix franchise along with my online friend.

Right now, I love the characters and when I find out it will have a 3-episode arc for each of the seven main heroines, I really want to grasp at least some basic personality and main attacks for the Magicas to see if it goes well.
Bango

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
I passed on this after one ep but I might revisit it after hearing a few blessings. It was kind of opposite to Neptune for me. I don't know jack about the prefectures so no doubt 90% of the fun would be lost on me. But if it's a solid show on it's own I might dig it.

It's short timespan would make the usually-hated tournament content bearable. I forget if D4 Princess actually went full tournament or not but I remember liking it and it had a tournament aspect and was short.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I think its pretty dumb, but it's only 4 min and it does slightly amuse me
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1