• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Launches Patema Inverted Kickstarter for U.K. Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:56 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Are they planning to release it with a dub? I assume if they wait a little while, Gkids'll dub it.

GKIDS is indeed dubbing it, and NYAV is the studio producing it.

Oh nice. Cool, I'll be looking forward to that when they eventually announce when we're going to see this on BD, they've been on a role with great dubs.

Speaking of NYAV, I hope we hear something from Funimation about they're supposed Cyborg 009 Re:Cyborg movie dub getting released relatively soon too, it's feels like it's starting be a decent amount of time.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely going to pledge for this! I've been interested in Patema Inverted for a while and that Ultimate Edition looks too good to pass up.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
Anyone in UK planning on pledging on this?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
Stepppingoui wrote:

I'm leaving work early so I can get my pledge in dead on 5 as I want one of the 20 £75 lots. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
Stepppingoui wrote:

I am. Gonna go for the £35/£40 tier depending on if it's sold out by the time I get back from work.
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
Stepppingoui wrote:

I'm leaving work early so I can get my pledge in dead on 5 as I want one of the 20 £75 lots. Very Happy

st_owly wrote:
Stepppingoui wrote:

I am. Gonna go for the £35/£40 tier depending on if it's sold out by the time I get back from work.

Hope you both succeed. I am planning on being glued to my computer. Any of you willing to be a forward shipper to the US pleeeaaasssseeee? I want to pledge but I don't have a UK address to send it to Crying or Very sad
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm really not surprised. I made my pledge as soon as it became active and by the time it had process £3.5k had already been pledged. Less than 5 minutes later it had nearly doubled.... Though I wouldn't expect anything else from a show directed by Yoshiura!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Wow, interesting. Well, if they have to do that way whatever works to get it released is welcomed. So Gkids picked up the license? Excellent news. That's definitely on my list of things to buy. But I wouldn't hold my breath about they getting it released by this year. Remember what happened to Letter to Momo. They announced the acquisition in 2012, the same year it was screened. It was said to be released later that year. Flash forward to 2014 and we're just now getting a release date for it. And who knows if that will happen as stated. I know that Gkids has their own way of doing things and they probably don't have control over the what the marketing dept. handles releases, but I would love for them to start making at least fairly accurate announcements from start to finish. This way people of interest can be in the know as to when to expect a title they might want to buy. Discotek does a pretty good job keeping people abreast of a release.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:

That's what I was saying. There's enough going for this title that it didn't really need a Kickstarter. Now they know if they didn't know before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2