• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 4 The Golden Animation's Promo Video, Story Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is actually really great. I never thought hey would animate Golden, if anything I figured they would go straight to Arena. Marie is a great character so it will be fun to see her animated.

Unless they pull a Haruhi and mix these eps into P4 it makes me wonder how they will handle this since all the extra scenes are slice of life until spoiler[Marie's dungeon.]
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering how long we would have to wait until the parts from Golden made their way into anime form.
MaxSterling

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I hope it gets simulcast and the Japanese Dub is included in the Blu-Ray release. Persona 3 Blu-Ray was English only.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
MaxSterling wrote:
I hope it gets simulcast and the Japanese Dub is included in the Blu-Ray release. Persona 3 Blu-Ray was English only.
Keep in mind that Persona 3 is an import. I'm sure Aniplex is aware that people like the dub for the game, so I wouldn't entirely rule one out yer. Plus even if Aniplex did not license it, we still wouldn't hear news of a dub for a while.

A Crunchy simulcast would be great though.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Jeez, I haven't even seen the first anime yet.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the 'first' anime too.
Or I remember watching some minutes of it, and think I saw some crappy animation even when it's the first episode.
Looking at the trailer of this golden retelling, the animation looks fine, though I believe it's most likely taken from the first episode only, when animation is supposed to be best-polished.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:27 am Reply with quote
Having played the PS2 version of the game and seen the first anime season/series, I'm wondering just how much new material there would be from the Marie story and the newer scenes. It seems pointless to do 26 episodes (unless they're including Arena), but is there enough for 12-13? It just seems like something like this would be better as an OVA, but I haven't played Golden, so that's why I'm wondering.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2