• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Locodol (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Cute episode. Waifu and Waifu. Hm.

Well at least it looks like Nana seems to have gotten over her debilitating stage fright. It looks like they are at least practicing now so we aren't left with the impression that they are winging it.

The song they sang was charmingly lame. Just right for this show.

I wish they hadn't dragged out that old "my breasts are small so why do I even exist" trope. It's old. And personally I like girls with smaller breasts.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Great third episode. The show really captures the charming but lame feel of small-town events. This show is a keeper.

HaruhiToy wrote:
And personally I like girls with smaller breasts.

My dad would agree with you. When it comes to breast size his motto is, "Anything more than a handful is a waste."
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
One thing i can appreciate about this anime is that they don't filter out how the mic sounds when the girls are singing. Not to many idols shows do that (you notice a huge contrast between when they are talking and singing). Makes it sound 100X more authentic Very Happy
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Apparently spoiler[Mugi] became an idol.

With each passing episode I am convinced more and more that it is her, just with plucked eyebrows now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Yeah, this series has been working on charm, we have what would be standard for a small town/city. And some of the back and forth between Nanako and Yukari has gotten quite entertaining, the reveal of the spoiler[pipsqueak in the costume being 18] was good.

Things will be fine as long as they keep this show fairly grounded, not sure if it apt but I think that it could almost be Silver Spoon like informative on the small town idol scene. We did have Wake Up Girls which has a little similarities, but so far this has been more fun.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
I liked how they took the joke Yukari's classmate made, embraced it and ran with it as far as they could go. that was funny
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Wow, it seems that Yukari is not alone in the spoiler[ally being simultaneously a good ally and almost a dangerous in terms of stalker behaviour]. Saori seems to spoiler[be even more extreme], but she doubled as also very funny. I have been wanting it to stay fairly grounded, and the singing moments seem to fit that well, but the jokes of perverts are funny, it is staying entertaining.

Some harsh things said to the uncle, although her mother also said spoiler[that she was not cute.] And the bit where they practically spoiler[figured it out but were still oblivious, and still wanted the attention], was extra funny.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
If there is one thing that anime has taught me, it is that I should stay away from any girl who wears glasses. Apparently, they're either rabid fujoshi or crazy and perverted lesbians.

Anyway, episode four was indeed funny. I like the show's clever and humourous twist on the tired "pervert stalks idols" plotline. Plus that song is oddly catchy. And it's nice that Nanako has settled into the idol routine. It's not just a job to her now but something she actually likes doing.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
If there is one thing that anime has taught me, it is that I should stay away from any girl who wears glasses. Apparently, they're either rabid fujoshi or crazy and perverted lesbians.

So it would seem. But at least they make cute perverts. Sometimes.

I never understood why girls who don't want their butts to show nonetheless wear such short skirts. It isn't like the uniform requires that length.
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

I never understood why girls who don't want their butts to show nonetheless wear such short skirts. It isn't like the uniform requires that length.

Reminds me of this episode of Love Live, where one of the characters was yelling that she didn't want to wear an outfit with the skirt at least to her knees. Except her school uniform's skirt isn't anywhere near that long and she doesn't seem embarrassed by that.... *face palm*

I'm actually a bit hesitant to try this show. I liked Love Live, but I really, really disliked Wake Up Girls. Idol shows seem extremely hit or miss for me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
DJStarstryker wrote:
I'm actually a bit hesitant to try this show. I liked Love Live, but I really, really disliked Wake Up Girls. Idol shows seem extremely hit or miss for me.

It is closer to Love Live, it does have the aspects of small town and doing other things of WUG but the characters are more interesting. The singing bits feel natural without being cringe inducing, is generally lighter, and is probably more comedy focused.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
Of course.......the best way to combat perverts is to have a person in charge who is a pervert themselves! They would know how other perverts operate and thus could act accordingly. Genius!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5.

So what was the joke that Yukari made that Nana missed? I missed it myself and I replayed it. This is at about 14:00.

Yukari in workout shorts and bra. Yum.

Other than that, all cute all win.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the "joke" flew right over my head, too. However, after going back, I think it was spoiler[Blondie saying, "let's go get some cake to sweeten the deal." And Nyana-chan didn't pick up on the pun,] I guess.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
That blue creature is quite something in this show. I'm starting to like him a bit now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4